Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark Plugs from Hell SUCCESS!!

I have to disagree with you, service writers performance is based on customer satisfaction,the survey's are what matter, as far as the technicians go,they give you a laundry list because if they don't Cover thier ass some SOB will blame everything on them that happens to thier car on the tech that worked on it last, example, I had my car in for an oil change and now my timing belt is broken,how come you didn't tell me I needed one,so now I have bent valves and I would have replaced the belt had you told me. Todays society is totally based on everything being some one elses responsibility. I have been on both sides of this fence, you wonder why it cost so much to have your car worked on, oil change 3/10ths of an hour, which is 18 minutes,in that time you have to go to the dispacther to get the work order,go get the keys,go get the car,order your parts,go wait in line to get your parts,rack the car, change the oil and filter, write down everything you see and give an estimate on it,so that you don't get blamed for anything,test drive the car,park the car,turn in the keys and paperwork,you people on the cust side have no Idea what a brutal enviroment a car dealership is

2012 BOSS 302 #0042
    1995 Mustang GTS
    1985 1/2 Mustang SVO
    1977 Granada
    1973 V8 Pinto under construction
    2006 Mustang GT Saleen supercharger11.66@115.84 SOLD
    1996 Mustang COBRA Vortech Supercharger SOLD
    1983 Mustang GT SOLD
    1970 Mustang Mach1 351 Cleveland SOLD
    1965 Mustang 11.90 1/4 miles SOLD
    1970 Mustang Boss 302 Grabber Green w/white interior TOTALED by front end loader
    1968 GT 500 KR Dual Quad/Automatic/A/C SOLD
    1965 Sunbeam Tiger

11.66@115.84

2012 Boss302 #42
    851/2 SVO

I couldn't agree with you more, as I have worked for a couple of service departments at some large dealerships in my time, and rather than write a book about it,like you did, I just covered a couple of scenarios that happen is all.

2006 Saleen Extreme #119 Vista Blue

This is great to be able to hear both sides,
    I have a couple of friends that work as technicians in Recon and hear their stories about how this works all the time.
    The only reason I go to the dealer to have work done on my car is because the tech's are certified and my car is still under warranty.

If I take my car in for an oil change and the timing chain goes out I wouldn’t blame the dealer, if the oil takes out the timing chain that meens no oil was put back in, other then that they have nothing to do with each other but I get your point.
    The reason I suspected the alternator killing my MAFS is because this could have been electrically related, sh$t happens and I still paid the deductable and didn’t argue the fact because I couldn’t prove it.

As for the survey's, I was told they have them sent to the dealer and they fill them out, I have only received one survey in the last 5 years.

The problem I had with the service advisor was the ridiculous prices he quoted me, and I still didn’t get dinner and a movie,

THANKS,
    Last edited by kbldoc; 10-05-09 at 07:25 AM.