View Poll Results: Whay do you think about the exhuast idea?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would be cool!

0 0%
  • I wouldnt do it!

2 28.57%
  • Id have to see it to really have an opinion.

1 14.29%
  • Its your car make it your own.

4 57.14%

Thread: Got an Exhaust question/opinion

Threaded View

Silver Award 

Got an Exhaust question/opinion

I would like some opinions regarding my 72 Mach 1 and doing something different with the exhaust. I had all my exhaust replaced with 2.5 inch Flow-master 40 series. Because I'm in the process of redoing suspension and I will be replacing the leaf spring we only went with the old school turn downs. We wanted to keep exhaust out of the way for the guys doing the rear leafs.

Anyway my question is this, I know everyone that has this type of Mustang would normally go with the straight out exhaust or even go for the rear valance with cut out to fit the tips through. However, what Im thinking of doing is custom fitting exhaust tips like the Old Trans Ams have.

This video from youtube will let you see the exhaust tips
    (This is only an example of the exhaust tips not that I give a crap about whomever is selling this car, I don't even know the person!)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1BGHtpCmb8[/YOUTUBE]

I like being different and these tips would always be easily changed for any reason, I also know placement is everything with how this looks. I just dont like the straight out look and I dont want to change my original rear valance to a repro valance with cut outs.

So what do you guys/gals think?
    Last edited by JoeT; 09-03-09 at 01:32 PM.