Thread: Lethal's 2010 GT500- First Trip to the Track!

Lethal's 2010 GT500- First Trip to the Track!

With only 300 miles on the car we made our way up to Palm Beach International Raceway to make a few baseline runs with the new car. I got up there and our driver Derek Perez was already there waiting for me. The place was empty. Only a few cars and trucks which was good for us as we could get a bunch of runs in without having to wait in long lines. The weather was 83 deg and still very humid and muggy from the rain we had all morning and afternoon. For the first few runs we kept the tire pressure which I believe was 40+psi. Derek took it real easy as he wanted to get used to the new car. I believe the last time Derek took our 08' down the track it was making over 250rwhp more than our 2010 is. So it was basically starting from scratch. With a few high 12.90's and low 13's Derek started getting the hang of it. We lowered the air pressure down closer to 30psi. Once the tire pressure was lowered we cracked off some 12.70's. A 12.77@112.56 and our best of the evening 12.74@112.29. We only spent about 2 hours at the track and called it a night. One thing that I feel is important to mention was how the 2010 felt compared to the 08'. The 08' in stock form suffered quite a bit of wheel hop at the track not only in the burnout box but whenever the tires spun off the line. With the 2010 Derek noticed no wheel hop whatsoever and that can be seen in the videos that I took. I wonder though whether that will change with better tires such as drag radials or more power but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Being that we ran a best of 12.68 with our 08' completely stock in the winter I feel pretty good about the times we put down. I'm sure with a little more seat time and 30deg cooler air temps we would have definitely beat the 08's times. However we won't see any cooler weather for a few more months.

Our plans are to take the car over to our good friends at UPR and do some dyno testing. We plan on running the car on the dyno completely stock. Then we'll put a mild tune on and then an aggressive one. Lastly after we've documented those runs and compared times we'll be putting on one of our Lethal Performance offroad x-pipes and see how the car reacts. I really like the sound that the 4" tips make during acceleration but the car is definitely too quiet. I'm hoping that when we put the offroad pipe on it will give us that aggressive sound that the car is dying to make.

Shortly after that we'll be doing the entire rear suspension with a whole bunch of parts compliments of Scott Boda at Steeda Autosports.

Here's a few pics from tonight and below is a link to the videos.

VIDEOS

YouTube - Lethal Performance's 2010 GT500- First Trip to the Track Stock 12.74@112.29

YouTube - Lethal Performance's 2010 GT500- First Trip to the Track Stock 12.77@112.56

LETHALDIESEL.COM Coming Soon!
    LETHAL PERFORMANCE, INC.
    http://www.lethalperformance.com
    877-2LETHAL
    http://www.myspace.com/lethalperformance
    Largest Whipple Distributor in the US

SPEC, RAM & Centerforce Always in STOCK!

You name it, we got it!

Platinum Award 
    Sweeet !! Surprised those Goodyears hooked that good !

Too bad it's not cooler!
    NICE runs!
    Maybe a bit too much burn on stock tire though.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice runs.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5