Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twin Screw Vortech Coming

Got broken Crank Snout.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill@PSR View Post
    LOL!...................I guess a Whipple 3.4 is outta the question for you then.............as would be a F-1A
    Yes for me a 3.4L is a bit much for a steet car IMO. Trying to get 700rwhp and rwtq to hook up on the street in the low rpms is ridiculous. An F1A wouldn't be as bad considering the power is linear and you can get traction before the full onset of power. If I ever target 700 rwhp it will likely be through an F1A.
    97 Cobra
    Bassani headers, x pipe, SLP catback
    Cobra spec T-56
    3.73 gears
    Procharger D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by 97desertCobra View Post
    Yes for me a 3.4L is a bit much for a steet car IMO. Trying to get 700rwhp and rwtq to hook up on the street in the low rpms is ridiculous. An F1A wouldn't be as bad considering the power is linear and you can get traction before the full onset of power. If I ever target 700 rwhp it will likely be through an F1A.
    Just do a turbo so you won't have to worry with the belts on the F-1A. They are an absolute pain!!!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just do a turbo so you won't have to worry with the belts on the F-1A. They are an absolute pain!!!
    +1....

Thats what I hear. However, House of Boost now makes a dedicated drive for 2v and 4v's that should help tremendously. Would like to see some actual technical info in it and back to back comparison between dedicated drive and 8 rib alone. Could be cool.
    97 Cobra
    Cobra spec T-56
    3.73 gears
    Procharger D1SC

Thats what I hear. However, House of Boost now makes a dedicated drive for 2v and 4v's that should help tremendously. Would like to see some actual technical info in it and back to back comparison between dedicated drive and 8 rib alone. Could be cool.
    Really? I'll have to check them out.
    You still have to contend with the large blower and the amount of air the thing moves just at friggin' idle! LOL! It pretty much mandates a blow-thru MAF and lots of driveability tuning. I can't recall for SURE how well your stock computer deals with a F-1A, but I know even with a relativly fast(hahahaha!) Mach1 computer, it is still not fun tuning the car for acceptable drivability..........at least to OUR standards. I'd also make sure your current intercooler is large enough for that beast if you run an air to air intercooler.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Really? I'll have to check them out.
    You still have to contend with the large blower and the amount of air the thing moves just at friggin' idle! LOL! It pretty much mandates a blow-thru MAF and lots of driveability tuning. I can't recall for SURE how well your stock computer deals with a F-1A, but I know even with a relativly fast(hahahaha!) Mach1 computer, it is still not fun tuning the car for acceptable drivability..........at least to OUR standards. I'd also make sure your current intercooler is large enough for that beast if you run an air to air intercooler.
    No joke. After all the F1A is the first step into the race oriented blowers Procharger offers. Not exactly a swap my D1 for an F1 kinda thing. Seems most people that go F1 end up doing a complete overhaul.

I think you said it right earlier with going turbo.
    97 Cobra
    Cobra spec T-56
    3.73 gears
    Procharger D1SC

No joke. After all the F1A is the first step into the race oriented blowers Procharger offers. Not exactly a swap my D1 for an F1 kinda thing. Seems most people that go F1 end up doing a complete overhaul.

I think you said it right earlier with going turbo.
    Yep! And the car can actually be a daily driver with ease.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

more like nutslap....