Thread: Bought a 1972 Mach 1!!

Threaded View

Silver Award 

Bought a 1972 Mach 1!!

Well Ive been dieing to find one and I finally did! Just bought a 100% original condition Mach 1 from Sacramento California its very cool! Cant hardly contain my excitement.

Car needs some attention as it was sitting for 7 years in a garage. This car also has been owned by the same family since 1984! It even included the original sales contract from its initial sale, included all documentation since new!

Is is in excellent rust free condition.

One question I needed to ask though. This car runs very good, but one thing perplexing me is in the trunk there was a led additive that the lady says they need to add to the gas. I'm absolutely clueless about this. Will I need to add this LEAD fuel additive? What if I don't. Guess I'm a little clueless about this since Ive never added anything like this to any car Ive ever owned, including my 1970 Mustang Grande I once owned in the late 80's early 90's.

I really would appreciate some direction here, the car needs gas and I'm afraid to add anything to mess this up. Bought the car yesterday in Sacramento and then drove to Las Vegas to see a buddy. Trailered the car to get it here! Couldnt buy a car site unseen, drove 14 hours from Phoenix to Sacramento to be sure this car was absolutely what it claimed to be. Im stoked, to me this car is a true barn find Vin # 2F05H137641

Anyone tell me anything about it with the vin # other than what I already know?
    Year: 2 1972
    Plant: F Dearborn, MI
    Body Series: 05 SportsRoof, Mach 1
    Engine: H 351 2v V8
    Unit: 137641 137641

This also has an FMX transmission is that significant.

How can I find out a little more about this Mustang

Sales slip say sold with:

AC - Radio - Power Steering - Power Brakes - Auto Transmission.
    Car sold April 24th 1972 at 4:58 pm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JoeT; 08-07-09 at 05:49 PM.