Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1973 Mustang Question

Silver Award 
    The fake Mach has a 351 Cleveland. Heres the link if you care. Guy says he will take 5k bottom dollar and he seems firm but hes a jerk, IMHO. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1281336765.html

Im looking for anything 71-73 Mach 1 - 351 Cleveland or Windsor. I don't want to break the bank, because I really want to do the restore myself. Im looking at one in California for 8k a little more than I want to pay if I can help it. Prefer to be in the 5k range. Definitely would appreciate the help, I have Dan looking for me at Amwest but hes pretty busy and doesn't seem to be looking to hard

Silver Award 
    No, I really don't care, I've seen that car on craig's on and off for the last several months, I was just curious about the engine as the code you gave me said it had a ram jet in it, so I was just wondering what it really had in it.

Shouldn't be to hard to find what your looking for, as your not as picky as me. I'll let you know if I find anything, I'm going to start looking out of state for the one I want. Has to be a 71, 351 cleveland, 4 speed auto, gold with the black stripes, black leather interior, 302 wing (black of course) original wheels and all matching numbers. This was my first stang, and it will be my last, if I can find it again.

Silver Award 
    I know your looking for a 71 but here's a 72 for a pretty good price. I'm tempted myself, just cant get my wife as excited as I would be. Besides, unless I pay to have it inspected, driving 900 miles one way doesn't get me excited either, after doing alot of looking around at different years most cars now are junk, or have some really bad feelings. I'm feeling Ive missed my chance by about 20 years

Is my hope of finding one in the 5k range unrealistic?

I'm picker than you think! Except beggars cant be choosy unless you wanna shell out big money. I'm hoping I can find one that runs, and isn't full of holes with rust. Other than that I'm open. Also if it is worth something at the end of the rainbow for me that would be a bonus.

This one would work!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JoeT; 08-05-09 at 03:54 AM.

1973 Mach 1 Q code

I have a 1973 Mach 1 351 Q code 4 speed with factory air that is gold glow metallic with the butterscotch interior. I bought it as a project several years ago and have never started on the project due to lack of funds. The engine and tranny are out of the car but everything else is still on the car. The car is a title only and was only registered until sometime in 1983 so it only shows 63,000 on the odometer. It still has the oringinal 1973 gold and green Arizona plates on it. I believe the car to be total numbers matching correct. Engine was out and dismantled when I purchased the car since according to the person I bought it from the fuel pump diaphram ruptured and allowed gas in the oil. The car does need a complete repaint and engine rebuild. If either of you are interested in taking a look at it let me know I am located in 85250 zip. Thanks Tom

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    The fake Mach has a 351 Cleveland. Heres the link if you care. Guy says he will take 5k bottom dollar and he seems firm but hes a jerk, IMHO. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1281336765.html

Im looking for anything 71-73 Mach 1 - 351 Cleveland or Windsor. I don't want to break the bank, because I really want to do the restore myself. Im looking at one in California for 8k a little more than I want to pay if I can help it. Prefer to be in the 5k range. Definitely would appreciate the help, I have Dan looking for me at Amwest but hes pretty busy and doesn't seem to be looking to hard

While you are on the great craigslisthunt. Flag the old hag.

http://www.lemonfree.com/map.php?yea...&model=MUSTANG
    Here is some good cars if your willing to go out of your way.