Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Shelby Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    I know I know!!! Just think what you could do with $15,000 on a new Gt!!
    Dave,
    I got a call from "The Godfather" this morning, heard that you bought a Legend Lime GT at Berge. He also said that you found out that most of the California Special body kit is avaliable. Congratulations on your new ride!

Platinum Award 
    Unbelievable! How did he find out so fast, yup picked her up today Legend Lime Gt, $25010 with 0 Down, making a list and checking it twice!!

Whipple, Whipple!!!

Unbelievable! How did he find out so fast, yup picked her up today Legend Lime Gt, $25010 with 0 Down, making a list and checking it twice!!

Whipple, Whipple!!!
    Hello Whipple or Turbo.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    I just could not pass up the deal, now I can start to customize it!!!

You are better of with the GT. I think you will be happy when you start down modification alley.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Whipple, Whipple!!!
    The "Godfather" also said that he ordered a firemist(?) Red GT that will be in in 10 weeks. I am going to wait and see what the Boss edition looks like. If I pass on one, I will go 100% effort into restromoding my 72' coupe.

Just got back from Speedword, the new management needs to figure out how to run the place more efficiently, I only got four passes, in four hours there. Lots of breakdowns, and time spent preping the track, plus a nice long break for the workers. I left without looking at my last time slip, ran a 13.91 @ 103.043mph, Might have stayed if I had taken a look. There is more in the Car, need to get my MM full length subframe conectors, and LCA's on. By the time I go back, they should have figured out how to run the place better. Have a real bad snap to the right on the 1st-2nd upshift that is costing me some.

Gold Award 
    jaco- grats on the new purchase! i picked up a new one this weekend too. just an older one. lol....

torchmach- wild, they normally run that place pretty decently. but i guess everyone slips now and then.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZMGT View Post
    jaco- grats on the new purchase! i picked up a new one this weekend too. just an older one. lol....

torchmach- wild, they normally run that place pretty decently. but i guess everyone slips now and then.
    Ya, I am not going to pass judgement on them for one off night. It seemed like they were trying to do a better job of prepping the track, and just didn't have a handle on what needed to be done.

I almost spun on my 1st pass going from 1st to 2nd, the 2nd pass I thought the rear axle was going to jump into the back seat on the 2nd gear upshift. The motorcyclests were afraid to open up to full throttle untill the 1/3 mark. A lot of guys were bogging down just off the line later on, so it did come around.

Did you get an 06 or 07? Not that there's any difference, just curious because that's a great price!

If you're thinking upgrades already, the Ford packs are pretty good, but I really like the drop I got from Eibach Sportline springs, over an inch lower than the FRPP springs. There's plenty of clearance (haven't scraped yet), but it is a challenge to jack up the car now! I have to jack up the rear diff first just to get a jack up under the front. ;) But I totally love these springs..amazing grip and rock solid.

I go cruising up by PIR a lot, big empty roads, and did several tests while settling the springs. From 80 to 0, it felt like 100 feet, very fast stops, and not an inch of give on the front, rock solid. Acceleration is awesome! On takeoff, I can spin the wheels easily for as long as I hold on the pedal, because the rear end doesn't budge...and the engine is 100% stock. The stock springs give you a definite lurch as the rears compress and the front end comes up, but no more. I had no idea suspension made such a huge difference. Daily driving, it handles bumps much more easily than the stock springs. I don't deal with the rear end jumping out all over the place any more. Imo, this is the biggest bang-for-the-buck upgrade you can make for roughly $200.

BTW, I searched all over the web for a tutorial on installing springs on an 05-07, didn't find anything. So I took pictures while installing mine and will post them if anyone needs them. Without any help, it took me 5 hours. But now that I figured it out the hard way, this is only about a 2 hour job.
    C0braFan

Why don't you create a how to tread in the suspension section and post the pictures there. You can upload the pictures to the gallery and link them into the post.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5