Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shelby Gt

Platinum Award 
    Well, how was the original GT350 seperate from a regular fastback Gt?
    Export Brace, Monte carlo Bar, K code engine with large capacity oil pan valve covers, intake and carb, stripes and engine badge, steering wheel gas cap, so it was basically a K code GT Fastback with some shelby touches. I don't know if it will be as collectable as the original but I'm not going to buy one for profit, so I guess it just comes down to weather or not you want to pay that extra $3000 for the name above and beyond the upgrades. But everything cost money. To stripe a Gt the right way is about $1000, the packs anohter $2500, the shelby hood is $875 and then the little things like the badges and then the labor. Its a toss up, I know I could mod a GT and make it look just as cool or better than the Shelby, Like your Boss( awesome ) and that might happen if the Shelby becomes to much moola la la

Well, how was the original GT350 seperate from a regular fastback Gt? Export Brace, Monte carlo Bar, K code engine with large capacity oil pan valve covers, intake and carb, stripes and engine badge, steering wheel gas cap, so it was basically a K code GT Fastback with some shelby touches.
    Yes, all of those things, but it also had a complete engine swap! Shelby put his Cobra 289 engines in the Shelby Mustang with upgrades worth +35 hp over a 289-K. And don't forget the wheels.

I don't know if it will be as collectable as the original but I'm not going to buy one for profit, so I guess it just comes down to weather or not you want to pay that extra $3000 for the name above and beyond the upgrades.
    Agreed! But I'm not sure the upgrades cost all that much. The two add-on packs come to $2000. The Hurst is $200. The hood is not a complete replacement (like the GT-H), it's just a stick-on scoop (like the GT/CS). The wheels aren't even upgraded. I'd buy a set of Shelby CS6 wheels and the CS6 hood for this car.

But everything cost money. To stripe a Gt the right way is about $1000, the packs anohter $2500, the shelby hood is $875 and then the little things like the badges and then the labor. Its a toss up, I know I could mod a GT and make it look just as cool or better than the Shelby, Like your Boss( awesome ) and that might happen if the Shelby becomes to much moola la la
    Okay, one thing you've convinced me of is that $6k over isn't unreasonable. I just thought it should have had something extra to make it worthy of the name. Amy Boylan said they're planning a Paxton supercharger option. That would jack up the price another 5k, but it would have that exclusive "Shelby Automobiles" logo on it (like the CS6 unit). I think that will be a must have option!
    C0braFan

Last weekend at Pavilions, there were 3 of the Hertz Shelby's...these guys who rented them were cleaing them up there....look good, lowered, and they all said that they run pretty hard.

330hp is pretty realistic on these...just tonight, I watched Rob at SVC tune as 06' GT with some Roush equipment on it to 285 hp on a Mustang Dyno...he says there is real potential in these cars.
    AZ TERMINATOR
    2003 10TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA
    TORCH RED COUPE

Did you get that ported blower on the cobra yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AZTERMINATOR View Post
    Last weekend at Pavilions, there were 3 of the Hertz Shelby's...these guys who rented them were cleaing them up there....look good, lowered, and they all said that they run pretty hard.

330hp is pretty realistic on these...just tonight, I watched Rob at SVC tune as 06' GT with some Roush equipment on it to 285 hp on a Mustang Dyno...he says there is real potential in these cars.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Ok Yes I forgot the wheels too. Maybe too many descisions??? Here is another one.... Just got back from Berge, Oil Change for the F-150, and my guy told me friday they are offering 0% interest for up to 72 months on ALL 2006 Ford cars except the FORD GT Super car of course. HMMMM sounds pretty good and they still have two legend lime GT's and a Yellow one. So even with 0 down my payment would be around $410 What to do... And then I could use the $10,000 to do... Well you know!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Ok Yes I forgot the wheels too. Maybe too many descisions??? Here is another one.... Just got back from Berge, Oil Change for the F-150, and my guy told me friday they are offering 0% interest for up to 72 months on ALL 2006 Ford cars except the FORD GT Super car of course. HMMMM sounds pretty good and they still have two legend lime GT's and a Yellow one. So even with 0 down my payment would be around $410 What to do... And then I could use the $10,000 to do... Well you know!!!!
    You have been living out here to long. An Iron City Boy would get the GT and put $10K into it and be running in the 10s.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Your not helping, I think thats my whole problem, I just can't make a final descision!!!

It all comes down to what you want. I personally always take performance over styling. I do my own work and get dirty. You know like all the Pittsburgh boys. LOL
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Boy this sure looks nice. Still have 4k left to play with.

http://whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1208
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Looks great and it probably be the way to go.