Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo Drag Radials

Toyo Drag Radials

Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Gold Award 
    no, but i am intrigued now. did not even know that toyo made one...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

They seem to be WIDE too, they even make a 345
    Black 04 Cobra

I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Silver Award 
    Wonder what the costs are compared to nitto?

Gold Award 
    wow! though i know after last week that i don't wanna go any wider than the 335 i am running. seems i took a right hander with a little too much speed with a passenger, and now how a chunk missing out of the right rear. time to roll my fenders!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
    Wonder what the costs are compared to nitto?
    nitto on your car would be a complete waste of money imo. if your gonna go drag radial for a track car, get a mickey thompson. i am fairly sure thats what the big dogsthat run fast on a radial run.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Or the Hoosiers, I loved those tires but I'll probably end up going with the Mickeys here soon. Even though I have a brand new set of GS-D3 315s at home, those f1s just don't give any traction.
    Black 04 Cobra

Not many have them or have tested them out at the track yet. What Ive found:

Quote Originally Posted by lxtasy93 View Post
    I will get better pics when the weather improves but traction is immediate and SUPERIOR to any DR I've had before...even with 461/456 on tap

I've had every DR produced on one car or another...these sit dead between a M/T ET Radial and a Nitto with the Hoosier still being king of all traction, but for steetability I think these just may be the ticket for IRS cars...we'll see once the weather clears but honestly we have rains scheduled until after April 1st so don't hold your breath for a review....

ran a 3/8 spacer until I can get the lowpro IRS bolts in (it was threatening rain tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by lxtasy93 View Post
    Finally had good dry day yesterday and let me say these things absolutely hook. I did a 10mph WOT blast through the top of 4th gear and all I got was a loud chirp in 2nd , no spin and no wheelhop with the only changes being the wheels and tires. I don't expecrt much for life though as once I came back and parked they were still super gummy feeling....but at this price I'll take the traction !
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicblew View Post
    i just got mine mounted and balanced today got them on without a spacer but i dont know how safe it is. there is such a small gap between the irs and the tire. so small in fact i could barely slide a credit card between them, but i could with some friction tho. i drove around the block and looked under when i returned and no rubbing but i still might pick up some spacers maybe a 1/4 inch or so
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicblew View Post
    ok another member on here got me onto these so anyway they are 315 35 17 they are wide as shit, i can get them on without spacers but its like a credit cards width of clearance so im gonna mount some 1/4 inch spacers but these pics are without spacers they buldge a little on these 17x10.5 chrome 03 replicas so you know they are wide the one pic next to the other tire is a 275 tire to give you some comparison. they dead hook in 2nd gear but i still got a little spin in 1st but they were cold and so were the roads when i drove it yesterday for the first time with them on, all in all im totally happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gtcpa View Post
    You are right, they stick incredibly well on the street. My car dynoed at 626 rwhp (SAE) on a rainy summer Alabama day in August, and in 2nd gear with stock tires they spin at will. With these tires though, they stick every time.

Looking to try them at the track this Thursday or next (depending on the weather).
    New Wheels put on the pig. Had a hard time deciding between CCW Sp500's (on the car) and Tru-Forged mach 5's.

Wheel sizes are 18"x9.5" front and 18"x11" in the rear.

The tires on the rear are the new Toyo Proxes TQ Drag Radials in size 315/35/18. Tires exact same height as stock tires. The tire difference from stock are night and day difference.

A couple more pic's

Still have almost 1/2" clearance to shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Svt4ever22 View Post
    Few more pictures. As for how they hook... :rock:. I launched at 3700-4000rpm and didn't even spin! It was on a decent street, but still. I would definitely recommend these tires. Not sure on the wet traction. I won't take it far when it's raining. It is suppose to rain here this weekend, so I may take it out and see how it does.

Sit fairly flush with the fender

The motor is stock bore. It was built for spray.. so it'll be plenty for me. Im poor.

Also, again, the exhaust is temporary.
    Last edited by El Jefe; 05-12-09 at 03:16 PM.
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Wow, thanks for the info man.

It looks like they may actually do quite well for me, now I have to figure out what I want to do with these brand new GS-D3 315s I just bought.

Also what do you guys think would be necessary to fit a 345 under our IRS?
    Last edited by About2Bite; 05-14-09 at 12:16 AM.
    Black 04 Cobra

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by About2Bite View Post

It looks like they may actually do quite well for me, now I have to figure out what I want to do with these brand new GS-D3 315s I just bought.
    if you are planning on selling your tires let me know a price.
    2004 Comp. Orange Cobra - 460 rwhp 495 rwtq