Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SuperCharger Question

BTW, I forgot to mention that if you do not want to purchase the Steeda kit, which sells for 69.00 dollars, you can make your own with an all purpose filter seperator from Home Depot, a couple of 1/4 inch brass nipples, and some 15/32 or 1/2 inch hose. Make sure and put your oil seperator in an easy to get to place so you can dump the oil occassionally. Buying these items cost me approx. 24.00 dollars. And it looks just like Steeda's kit.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by paysonpony View Post
    I just corrected this problem on my 07 Mustang GT, running a Saleen SuperCharger + 475 hp kit. I had been living with this hesitation for a while and just got tired of it. My car ran perfectly after warming up, but had very big hesitation until warming up. Brenspeed is who has been working with me since I originally purchased my tunes from them.
    If you have any questions, talk to Chandler at Brenspeed. They have been working with customers running SC's and correcting this problem for a while now. Steeda actually makes the oil seperator kit for this issue.
    What is happening is the SC pulls much harder than stock and only having just a vent tube on the line, it pulls oil through the PCV hose. The oil collects in the throttle body and at cold start with the butterflies just barely open, the collection of oil blocks the air enough to cause the hesitation. But after warmng up and the butterflies being more open, you don't get the hesitation.
    Also, I don't know if this has also happend to you guys, but once in a while I would get a puff of smoke at cold start. Again with the oil settling in the throttle body, I got a shot of oil and a little smoke.
    I have had my oil seperator on my car for about 3 days now, and it has corrected the problem. I have done everything I can to try and test this new mod, and so far everything is great. I hope this helps.
    There are a few write ups on this in different forums, but here is one:
    http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/20...ttle-body.html

Please let me know if I can help anyone further with this issue. I am new to this mod myself, but I would like to repay the favors I recieved on this forum in any way I can.
    Thanks,
    Keith Orr
    Payson, AZ
    RCMC
    Keith

Not to blow off this mod, it's a good one for a SC application to limit oil consumption AND detonation due to contamination of intake air charge, but I can't see this mod properly solving the hesitation problem. IF you had enough oil siting behind the throttle blades to interfere with idle air and/or part throttle on start up/warm up, the car would smoke like a freight train. This more of a possibility on 04 and below cars with the style of IAC on those cars, which is not present on the 05 up Mustangs. Off the top of my head, the only way this could have solved the problem inerrant, is by allowing a slight bit more air behind the throttlebody.

The most likely culprit is actually in the cold fuel tables and is a fairly easy adjustment to do,but needs to be done on a cold engine for best results.
    Last edited by WildBill; 09-08-09 at 07:50 PM. Reason: LMAO.........clod engine!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

thanks for the info bill. i will definitely be giving you a call soon about that.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    thanks for the info bill. i will definitely be giving you a call soon about that.
    NEVER hesitate to call if you have a problem with one of our tunes.

I also wanna talk to ya about a good friend of mine. He has some very interesting mods to his GT500.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like you know what you are talking about my Friend. I will be gone for the next two weeks after the Route 66 show, but I would like to talk to you more and possibly get my car in for you to take a look at it next month. I agree with everything you said, and I don't want to take any chances before I go to the Monsoon Madness event. I hope I can get into see you before then. Are you getting booked up...?? Talk to you soon,
    Thank you for your advice, I do appreciate it. My car is my baby, I don't want to take any chances....

Thanks,
    Keith
    RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by paysonpony View Post
    Sounds like you know what you are talking about my Friend. I will be gone for the next two weeks after the Route 66 show, but I would like to talk to you more and possibly get my car in for you to take a look at it next month. I agree with everything you said, and I don't want to take any chances before I go to the Monsoon Madness event. I hope I can get into see you before then. Are you getting booked up...?? Talk to you soon,
    Thank you for your advice, I do appreciate it. My car is my baby, I don't want to take any chances....

Thanks,
    Keith
    RCMC
    No problem Keith!
    We can throw it up on the dyno and log a few key parameters to make sure everything is going well.
    Gimme a call after 9am in the morning and well put ya on the schedule that's good for both of us.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

yea bill i put the new exhaust on the gt500 already and am ready for an intake and some tuning for it. but so far i havent seen anyone that has an intake available for the 2010 gt500's yet.

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Silver Award 
    Thanks for the info on the oil separator PaysonPony. I have been contemplating having one installed for some time now after reading about the benefit of having one on a Super Charged engine.

Bill, I will be making an appointment to have Devin check out the tune. It has been over a year since he has checked it out on the Dyno. I want to see if anything needs to be adjusted. I will leave it overnight if need be, so it can be checked out cold.

Thanks again for the info guys.

2005 Redfire GT Premium W/GT 500 Body Kit
    Whipple IC Super Charger W/Custom Tune By: PSR

Hello Blaine,
    I hope that it is something simple for us all to fix this problem. After talking with Bill, I am going to get my car in to have him check it over anyway. I do like the oil seperator in line on my PCV hose anyway. It does collect more oil than I thought would be going through that line. I do not get any puffs of smoke anymore on occassional startups. And it looks pretty good I think. All together with my homemade bracket and seperator from home depot and supplies, I spent 24.00 dollars. Looks just like the one for sale online, but not for the cost of 69.00 dollars. I would also recommend that you have Bill take a look when you can, just to cover all your bases.
    Keep us posted on your progress, Take care,

Thanks,
    Keith Orr
    Payson, AZ
    RCMC