Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When looking at oil

Platinum Award 
    I also have always ran conventional oil with no issues
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Stangme View Post
    Have been told by a mechanic that you should not mix different weights of oil as they will seperate somewhat like water does with oil if it sits. Also that you should not mix different brands of oil as the properties may be different. Not positive short or long term what it will do to the life or performance of an engine if these are done, just passing on someones view. I personally use Synthetic oils rather then the basic stock oil.
    Are you regarding to me mixing the 4 courts of Big V with the Lucas?

Silver Award 
    On something like your car I'd stick with a conventional oil with the same viscosity as you've been using. No need to change something that's working for you. The most important thing is changing it regularly unless it's subject to special conditions such as a lot of stop and go driving or racing. Then I'd look into a higher grade oil.
    ~Andrew

no its everyday. i use the 10w 40 wich is regular oil and the lucas is to help my rings and valves because the car is 40 years ad no rebuild so everything is shot and i have noticed huge difference with lucas running with her