Thread: Anybody know of a place to do welding?

Anybody know of a place to do welding?

I need to find someone/a place that will do welding work on my exhaust. I want to get the cats removed (already welded on there) and have a straight pipe welded in place of the cats. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Platinum Award 
    just about any shop (including mine) will have a welder that could do it. do you want it flanged, or just permanently welded in place?
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Quote Originally Posted by fazm View Post
    just about any shop (including mine) will have a welder that could do it. do you want it flanged, or just permanently welded in place?
    Permanently welded. I have problems with the exhaust coming loose when I go over a speed bump and it hits right there and seperates. I didnt think some shops could do it because removing the cats are "illegal"

Platinum Award 
    all i have would have to hear is "this is an offroad vehicle"

question though, isnt an offroad pipe pretty cheap for your car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GP-19...Q5fAccessories
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

go to the Muffler Masters on 55th and Glendale. Guy DOes amazing work and putts money back into you pocket. would charge about $20 - $30 most likely. great work very cheep. my dad had used mighty muffler and other people and they charge twice the bills for half the work. and so my dad will for ever you him. I used him and he was wonderful

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    go to the Muffler Masters on 55th and Glendale. Guy DOes amazing work and putts money back into you pocket. would charge about $20 - $30 most likely. great work very cheep. my dad had used mighty muffler and other people and they charge twice the bills for half the work. and so my dad will for ever you him. I used him and he was wonderful

for $30, take it to this guy, sounds like a good deal. you would use almost that much in gas just driving to me haha
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    Ah perfect thats the price I was looking to spend...As far as buying another x pipe, It is a bassani x pipe but with bbk cats?? its the 3 piece but for whatever reason it has the bbk tubing going to the headers. I love the bassani x pipe so I want to keep that, jsut dont need the cats...

now thts just my guess my dad had small work like that done on his exhaust and it was like 50 so for somehing like the cats i would think but give him a call.