Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Shock and rotor advice

Question Need Shock and rotor advice

Howdy all!

just curious on what sock set up is the best for like a normal everyday driver.

1st.I have look at the $20 sheepy peices and i have heard KYB is great for the muscle cars

2nd. looking to get my rotors turned where is a good place to go? deffinatly looking for price busters as well!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

checkers turns rotors for 10 bucks a rotor.

so i have heard. and when i put them back on should i grease everything back up? i dont really know whats involved after the rotors are turned

technically , you should change the pads if you are gonna re surface the rotors, get some disk brake lube and lubricate all the sliding / contact points if you end up replacing the pads as well, if you are just putting rotors on you dont need to really do anything.

yeah i probably need to go through them.

As for shocks i am looking at the KYB monotube Gas-A-just Shocks

Ok so i got under the car ith five can of degreeser, sponges, screw drivers, and a tooth brush i am still using (jk). I realized my shock are old for shocks but have very few miles on there and with the very low pay job i have id be better off with keeping the money for gas. Now i have a squeak coming from the left side inside the tire well. it was there before but latley (over a feew months) have been getting worse. origonally i thought it was the shock because everytime i hit a bump or turn the tire and the car leans a little they will squeak. but if the suspension is not moving I.E. really smooth road then they a quiet. Any ideas? A-arm possibly?

Gold Award 
    Spray WD40 or silicone on every moving part including UCA, LCA, sway bar ends. spring perches(sp), and shock mounts.

Very cool! thanks!! ill post and let you know how it works!! thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    Now i have a squeak coming from the left side inside the tire well. it was there before but latley (over a feew months) have been getting worse. origonally i thought it was the shock because everytime i hit a bump or turn the tire and the car leans a little they will squeak. but if the suspension is not moving I.E. really smooth road then they a quiet. Any ideas? A-arm possibly?
    I hate being the bearer of bad news but, it maybe that your upper control arms are cracked. I had the same situation with my 72' coupe, and ended up putting the Car into storage because the brakes, steering, and suspension were all worn out. I have Koni shocks on it, which gave it a go-cart like ride, and drove it like the General Lee, in Dukes of Hazard, though (Kind of miss those days!!).

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

Well i ay have the same issues.... my steering pops and creeks. by breaks whistle ( not screech whistle) and now my suspension is making noise.