Thread: Windy City recommendations

Gold Award 

Smile Windy City recommendations

Headed to Chicago next week. Anyone know what to see and do there? I'm taking the kid to visit the Art School there and planned an extra day to explore. Want to have an authentic deep dish....mmmm!

There is a lot to do, if you are renting a car I would highly suggest a GPS bc the roads suck and the roads don't make any sense. There is Navy Pier which is nice and a the Sears Tower is something a lot of people like to go to the top of. There is the aquarium and a pretty big Zoo(eh) and of course the Art Institute. Greek town has some damn good food! There is ESPN zone if you are into sports, there is lake Michigan but I doubt anything is going to be going on around there in the winter. There are a ton of museums if your into that Museum of Science and Industry, Field Museum. If your wife is going then there is a ton of places for her to shop. There are a bunch of lake cruises, little boat trips, and bus/trooly rides that show you around and let you know some touristey stuff. There is Millennium Park and a few other popular parks around. Ummmm..... I haven't been back in a few years so I can't think of anything else. The nightlife is great too, some very nice places to go but I doubt you'll be checking out the bar scene lol

I can't wait to go back and visit in the summer

Bundle up too bc it is going to be COLD!

They do Hot Dogs just like they do the pizza, gotta try a Chicago style hot dog too when you're there.

Have fun!
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Gold Award 
    Wow, thanks for all the info! A friend of mine told me his brother would give me the ultimate tour and even take me out dancing at a Blues club! Definitely going to bundle up and drink a lot of spirits to keep from freezing. I almost forgot about the hot dogs, will have to grab one for lunch.

No problem, if you have someone taking you around i'm sure you'll see the good stuff. Have fun, I know I always do!
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Chicago is amazing my family is from there!

Try Giordano's for the Chicago style pie, and Portillo's for the dogs and Italian beef (don't forget the mozzarella & hot peppers!).

I miss the food and some of the people there, but not much else. AZ>IL in just about every aspect of life.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
    Try Giordano's for the Chicago style pie, and Portillo's for the dogs and Italian beef (don't forget the mozzarella & hot peppers!).

I miss the food and some of the people there, but not much else. AZ>IL in just about every aspect of life.
    Thanks for posting up! Can't wait to go and soak up the local culture. You are so right, AZ is hard to beat!

Silver Award 
    +100000000 for Giordanos!!! if youre gonna venture out of the city you have to hit up The Patio!!!! Best BBQ in the world!!! Uuuummmmmm definitely hit the Lincoln Park Zoo good times and you only have to pay for parking!! thats all I can think of for now but Chicago is definitely some great fun!!!

Oh and +1 on the GPS that saved my butt!!
    2003 True Blue GT
    PA Racing K Member
    MM Full Length Sub Frame Connectors
    H&R Drag Springs
    Mac Long Tube Headers & Mid Pipe (CatLess)
    Bassani Cat Backs
    Pro 5.0 Short Shifter
    03 Cobra Wheels w/ ET Street DR
    SCT XCal 2