Thread: Insurance Companies

Hybrid View

Silver Award 

Insurance Companies

I'm looking to renew my car insurance and currently it's been with Gieco and I'm looking for a change.

What car insurance company do you have? I keep running into the problem with my Saleen that the Vin pulls up as a regular Mustang.

Thanks for your input.
    2004 Saleen Convertible #298 SC/281-SOLD
    1970 Chevelle LS3 Build/T56

Hey AZSaleen04,
    I am with State Farm but mostly because thats who my house is with (some savings there). I have been really interested in looking at Allstate because they are offering kickbacks..

Are you 100% sure ya bought a real Saleen?
    306 stuffed with ARP bolts, C&L elbow, BBK 70mm TB, 24lbs, typhoon w/1"spacer, Al radiator, F cam, Pro Form 1.6 RR, MAC long tubes, offroad H, 40 series Flows, TKO500, Steeda clutch quad, Hurst shifter, King Cobra clutch, 3:73 gears, poly motor mounts, 17" Repop Cobra R's with shit tires.

Gold Award 
    I'm with Geico. Great rates. I pay $88/mo for a 2000 Tacoma 4 x 4 and and a 03' Maxima. Both with $1000/det

Also try 21st Century. Their rates wrap around your credit rating, better rating, lower rates.

Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm are horrible for service down the road. They will fight you tooth and nail for every dollar.

Silver Award 
    Hey AZSaleen04,
    I am with State Farm but mostly because thats who my house is with (some savings there). I have been really interested in looking at Allstate because they are offering kickbacks..

Are you 100% sure ya bought a real Saleen?

_____

Yes it's a real Saleen documented. All Saleen Vin's come back to a Mustang GT as that is what they start with. Saleen will give you verification through the Vin.

I currently use Gieco for my insurance and called AAA but they didn't know what a Saleen was and would only insure it for that. With Gieco they have the car insured at the value I requested and they asked for the paper work. Might have to stay witht them.

Look in to joining AAA, and Insuring with them. Great rates, great customer service, discounts at Hotels, Car rentals. If you are a homeowner you can get homeowners insurance with them, and lower your rates even more. If you have two Cars, one you don't drive much, it can be insured as a recreational vehicle (More savings!)

I have been with them since 93', can't say enough good things about them.

Silver Award 
    Thanks for the AAA but I called them as my wife is with AAA and they would not insure the Saleen as a Saleen but a GT Convertible so that didn't work out.

I work for Farmers. As long as you have receipts for the parts, you shouldnt have a problem. The VIN does pull up a GT. Same on my Roush I sold. Shoot me a PM
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Platinum Award 
    I use Ameriprise (through costco). They saved me nearly 500 bucks compared to Progressive. It may be worth a quote anyway....

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Silver Award 
    I'll give them a shot and see what they quote me.

Thanks!

Platinum Award 
    Let me know how it works out. Although mine isn't a DD, they were sure a lot cheaper for the same coverage on a non-primary use vehicle.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500