Thread: Mac long tube headers and BBK H pipe problems

Mac long tube headers and BBK H pipe problems

Anyone ever tried to mate the two? I have my MAC headers installed (90%) and the BBK H pipe does not look like it wants to mate up to the header flange. I know they won't fall into place but this H pipe is going to take some serious work to fit the headers.

Anyone else run into this? Do I have to use a MAC H pipe instead?
    Thanks in advance.
    306 stuffed with ARP bolts, C&L elbow, BBK 70mm TB, 24lbs, typhoon w/1"spacer, Al radiator, F cam, Pro Form 1.6 RR, MAC long tubes, offroad H, 40 series Flows, TKO500, Steeda clutch quad, Hurst shifter, King Cobra clutch, 3:73 gears, poly motor mounts, 17" Repop Cobra R's with shit tires.

MAC lt's? if they are the 5spd ones I believe they will bolt to other h/x pipes. if you have the auto version of the lt's they are alot wider and take different mid pipes.

The headers measure around 13.5 inches center to center at the exhaust flanges and the H pipe measures around 15.5. Something is not right......
    306 stuffed with ARP bolts, C&L elbow, BBK 70mm TB, 24lbs, typhoon w/1"spacer, Al radiator, F cam, Pro Form 1.6 RR, MAC long tubes, offroad H, 40 series Flows, TKO500, Steeda clutch quad, Hurst shifter, King Cobra clutch, 3:73 gears, poly motor mounts, 17" Repop Cobra R's with shit tires.

Will not work.....vis verse also.....get matching brand h pipe.

I figured as much. I think I am going to shitcan the MAC headers and go with BBK. These damn things are hanging down sooooo low, its not gonna be fun to drive. So, I will be starting from ground zero next weekend........neat.

Dude stick with the macs, I just got mine back from the shop today it has MAC LT's, Bassani X, and flowmaster 40s, it sounds awesome, trust me i had to do shit tons of work to get mine on, reroute tranny lines, ac lines, but trust m it was well worth it. just my opinion

I loved my MAC LT's , that with a mac off road h ( which are pretty cheap ) and flow master 40's dumped was awsome.

some taaaall speed bumps at the work parking lot.... And they are still small compaired to some around here.

yeah, but were your cars lowered? mine is sitting on Eibach Pro springs, about an inch and a half drop. Wish I had my camera to post pics...... Here is a pic exactly like mine. Damn collector is huge. It measures a full 3".......

I might try and pick up a pro chamber, but am very skeptical about the ground clearance.......

Thanks for the inputs....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mac to bbk

I had taken mine to a muffler shop on Cave Creek and they reangled the ends of the BBK cat H-pipe to fit the mac headers.If you want to know the name of the shop I will get it for you, it cost me one hundred dollars to change.