Thread: The Greatist Video I have Made (so far)

Threaded View

The Greatist Video I Have Made (so far)

So I made a failed attempt to have a "GO.net 1st Annual SW Rally" for us Grabber Orange people here in the Southwest using the Monsoon show as the pivot point. In the end, despite 3 or 4 indicating they had registered and were coming, only one lone member other than myself showed up, a couple (Mike and Cath) from Alberta, Canada. They got in town Tuesday before the show and we got together on Thurs night. In addition to doing the show, part of the activities inculded showing them my fav spot in the city, South Mountain Park. For the out of staters, this is the largest city park in the US, 16000 acres.

So, just as with a "GO.net mini meet" last year where two other local guys and myself "raced up the mountain", Mike and I did it this year. THIS time, however, I had a better cam, and filmed more. Plus, we drove more spiritedly (although still not as much as I could or would like to, next time, I promise), ESP the last leg where I chased Mike. At one point on a short 100ft? stretch I hit almost 60. The park limit appears to be 25.

The third time doing this (coming soon?) will indeed be the charm. I know what I have to do to get the best vid and how to "beat the system" as far as dodging park traffic and Park Rangers. I cant wait to go back and REALLY tear it up.

When we got back to the end and stopped I was SOO pumped. This was freakin FUN. If I could "race the mountain" every day I would. Id be a "mountain runner" like dudes in LA race Mullholland. Doing this makes me want to be a road racer more than ever. I even came home that night and busted out the Forza Motorsport and free lapped the Nurburgring for quite a while.

Anyway, herewith the vid(s):

Tearing up South Mountain Pt 1- Video

Tearing up South Mountain Pt 2- Video

Heres the vid from last years run.

South Mountain run- Video
    Last edited by FalconGTHO; 10-31-08 at 08:48 PM.