Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads p&p

Heads p&p

So my heads took a shitter due to a malfunction in the fuel pump which leaned the car out enough to fry half my valves and im picking up a new set today off a 01 gt. Now my question is since im already going to have them off the car should i port and polish them? How much is a p&p? and whats my realistic hp gain? thanks for the help

Not much without cams, you could spend a thousand dollars having the heads ported. It wont stop there either, if you want to do it right. Such as an intake and a full exhaust system. Then there is tuning, a m.a.f. meter, injectors and pump. So unless you want to do it right and spend money just bolt em on. It would be easier to find a used S/C kit and bolt that on, but then there's tuning with that. Its all about the old mighty dollar.

ok cool thx for the info, i already have a intake and bassani exhaust but i understand what you mean so ill just bolt em back on so i can get my stang running again

Cool

gains will be minimal, it wouldnt hurt having a local shop do a little port and polishing probely wont be that exspensive either. With cams or forced induction the gain would be better of course. Also with the heads did you get the valve covers cause those will be different (oil cap etc will be on the other side). Another thing to look into is I believe they used a different cam gear then the 99's (one was press on the other was not)

I have had a few heads done and yes to have them done right (flow bench) will cost some bucks. The last set I did with a valve job cost me 1220.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus46gt View Post
    gains will be minimal, it wouldnt hurt having a local shop do a little port and polishing probely wont be that exspensive either. With cams or forced induction the gain would be better of course. Also with the heads did you get the valve covers cause those will be different (oil cap etc will be on the other side). Another thing to look into is I believe they used a different cam gear then the 99's (one was press on the other was not)
    Well i am assuming that there the same cam gears. Because when i went to look to buy aftermarket ones they all said 99-04 gt nothin about just a 99 or a 01 they all were the same, but just in case i do have both heads and down from the 01 so. If it does work and anyone needs a block with pistons let me know. If it dosnt work im gonna need the block to

Platinum Award 
    If your serious about getting them ported PM me, I can get them done for you much cheaper than 1200$ and that would be with before and after flow #s.

PM me for details

-Chris
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Not Rog he is the last one to do my heads and they were 1200.

Platinum Award 
    Bill does all my head work
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org