39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Speed World

21 53.85%
  • Prefer Firebird

18 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arizona Track Rental

I just voted Speed World because it's closer for most of us So. Cal folks (if we count).

It's an odd situation; I can't promote the event over here until I know cost, date and location. Yet we can't obtain that until we have a committed number of attendee's.

The number of folks willing to man-up and drive out to participate will be slim, but it sounds like fun. And, in typical hot-rodder fashion, no one commits early, they just all show up on the day of the event, or not.

Didn't they film a few episodes of "Pinks" at that track? Perhaps I can use that to stir up interest... you know deep inside, everyone in Cali want's to be a movie star, right?

What is the typical DA for this track at that time of year? I think I read it was at 1250' altitude.
    Last edited by Brakelate; 07-16-06 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelate
    I just voted Speed World because it's closer for most of us So. Cal folks (if we count).

It's an odd situation; I can't promote the event over here until I know cost, date and location. Yet we can't obtain that until we have a committed number of attendee's.

The number of folks willing to man-up and drive out to participate will be slim, but it sounds like fun. And, in typical hot-rodder fashion, no one commits early, they just all show up on the day of the event, or not.

Didn't they film a few episodes of "Pinks" at that track? Perhaps I can use that to stir up interest... you know deep inside, everyone in Cali want's to be a movie star, right?

Yes they did, quite a few if I remember right. I wanted to go out there but couldn't get the time off. Its a pretty good track when prepped. I have had a lot of fun out there!

Speed World

Never been there, sounds good enough!

Gold Award 
    brakelate- yea, they filmed a bunch of episodes for pinks there at speedworld. i got to see a few of them, was great time.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

If we can't get enough interest I am going to set up a club day event. Only registered clubs will be there. $20 to race and $10 to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakelate

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    i really think a club day event would be a good start to get things off the ground.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Update

I will have some information soon on a Drag Strip Event.

Do we have anyone interest in a road course event?????
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Voted Speed World my self.

How's the wind, heat and any other info about both tracks? Not that a head wind is anything new to me, but a horrid launching pad is not a good thing.

We plan to do this in the fall so heat isn't an issue.
    Speedworld assured me the track will be well prepped.
    I will have more details on a date and track soon.
    Stay tuned.