Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust prices high for some?

Exhaust prices high for some?

been saving up some cash to get new pipes on the stang due to some bend and dent in the pipes. Been doing so research and i got many different answers. Im looking for manifolds back with an H pipe and out the back. not to loud nothing to complex aluminum pipes. cheap stuff. and most likely flowmaster mufflers

Some quotes
    Mighty mufflers $300
    Pro Mufflers $600?!?!?!? (freakin ridiculous) <-- when i drove over there they had no cars.. haha wonder why?
    Auto parts (just for the pipes and no install) $200

reason for the post is i am curious as if to just by some 2 1/2 pipes from homedepot and buy the mufflers online and if anyone can get me some pipe benders do it myself.. not that difficult.
    Any imput?
    Other places to try?

Check with Midas or Meineke.

Do they hook your car up to the sniffer for emissions or do they just say screw it its old?

An H-pipe will give you a deeper note and honesly flowbastards always sound good on old Ford pushrod motors.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Mighty has always done good for me. Had them do my Maverick and Truck and they did my brothers Falcon. Does the $300 include the muffleres? I think that is what they charged my brother and he brought his own flowmasters.

i plan on bringing my own as well but if they hook it up to the sniffer let em. i ALWAYS pass :) and im hoping to findsomeone with a machine to bend pipes because i can weld and hook it all up myself

what kind of pipes do you have on there now? (not sure what your baby came with stock!)

I have some stock mufflers off a 2000 Gt if you want to try them. THe still ahve some pipe on the that would need to be cut off. WOuld save you some money over having to spend the money on the Flow masters but would probably be kind of quiet. You can have them for free, they just sitting on the side of my house getting in the way.

hmm tempted but i am looking for a crisper sounds although they may sound ok since i have no cats. and for roxie it is the stock Y pip that turns into one pipe and follows the car back. the reason for new pipes is all the dents dings buildups and most of all some one hit something hard and the pipe on the left after the manifold caved in alittle and so she is deff not breathig like a true stang. her heath is Great but because of these pipes. she has bad exhaust .

Hey 69CreamPuFF, I have a pair of stock stainless steel 2005 GT mufflers that only had like 2000 miles on them when I took them off, if you would like them. There just sitting in a box in my garage. They need to be on a pony. There yours if you want them.

now will the car still have a good tone because i dont have cats with them

just curious because if i do take these mufflers i just dont want a ricer sound.