Thread: Leather seats

Leather seats

I just bought some tan leather rear seats. I wanted black but could not pass up this deal. I thought i could maybe dye them black of something.... Is that possible or am i shit outtta luck?

Silver Award 
    Tanner, I think you may be SOL on the seats and that the costs of going this route are not worth the benefits. Possible on the real leather parts of the seats. But remember, a lot of seats are not made with real leather on the backsides. Problem is that the treated leathers we have in cars makes dying leather harder and honestly it's not something I would attempt myself. I've dyed some leather things I made when I was younger, but never on leather like car seats. I'd take a visit to a couple auto upholstery shops.

I think the cost is going to kill you though and that you'd be better recovering them yourself. It's fairly inexpensive if you can do it yourself. Probably the best name in the pre-made leather coverings for cars would be Katzkin Leathers. I myself have personally dealt with and installed their product and we did a number of interiors at Berge ford using their leather a couple years back. If you buy their nicer stuff, it's not bad. I could help you do your seats. Their leather looks better than factory and you can get inserts, different colored stitching, logos, two-toned inserts, etc. If you want to know more about it, Justin and I can tell you more as we did an interior together.
    ~Andrew