I sometimes think that I am put here only to prove murphys law at least one time a day and this is NO exception. Two months ago my alternator went out, a simple enough repair right? I took it out and had it rebuilt and upgraded to 200 amps, can't remember how much that cost it has been so long now. While I had it out, I started thinking that it would not be a much more work to take off the intake to replace it with my freshly painted and ported cobra intake, as well as a bigger TB and maf to really make her purr. Some how I knew it would not be that simple, and as I cracked the first bolt to the upper I actually thought to myself,"The momstang has been a great and reliable car since mom bought her 14 yrs ago, so much for that". Everything was going well until I started to bolt up the lower intake and noticed that the #5 bolt in the tightening sequence(first bolt at the front of the block) was broken. It didn't even look like a bolt, just a rusty nub that was barely above the block. It must have rusted/frozen in place and then broke off. There was not enough space to weld a nut to the top, so I went out and bought some back-out bits. I now have tried 2 different systems that were recommended, and have managed to drill a hole in the bolt, and tried both systems($90 worth hardly used if anyone wants them) but that thing has not even budged. I have no idea what to do at this point, I don't have the experience to drill/tap it myself so I guess I need to know if anyone knows of any local shops or places that can do it? It would be better if it were on the east side since I will have to have it towed.

In reality I will probably have to shut the hood and put a cover on her as I don't have the cash to do it right now and I am not sure if I will have a job a little more then a month from now. Anyone have any idea what this might cost?