Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We've Been Challenged

The way I understand it is this is a 1st Annual Car show which means all makes and models. It sounded like a guy from a mopar club challenged the mustang club to attend the show. The way I see it, the challenge between these to clubs would be any mopar VS any Mustang (Ford). I could be wrong.....

good point i can bring a L also

Silver Award 
    Let's see if I can clear this up, seems like some confusion going on

As for the car show itself, it is open to anyone, any make, model or year, so come on out the more the merrier.

Now about the challenge, there is a trophy being given for club participation, the mopar club believes that they have the most members vs. the Wild West Mustang Club, both clubs are west side clubs, we see each other all the time at the fri-night cruise-in on 91st and northern and at the sat. safeway cruise-in on 83rd and beardsley. So last sat. at the Safeway cruise-in, they (the mopar club) challenged us (Wild West Mustangs) that they would beat us for that trophy, in other words they would have more club participants there than us. So basically there is a car show going on friday and a west side car club rivalry going on at the show.

Two things...Kevin is right.

Second...the way I see it...IF you show up and meet with us at 7:15pm at Walgreens (Dysart & Greenway, depart 7:25-7:30) and you tell us you are there to check out the Wild West Mustang Club (keep your reasons to yourself)...we'll tell the guy...yeah...they're with us, because this is for the club and it's potential members.

As they say the world is our oyster...in our case...the world is a potential member. :)

OK, here's the scoop. While I was talking to the owner of Alfredo's on Saturday one of the Mopar guys joined in on the conversation. When I asked the owner about the club participation award the guy from the mopar group made a comment about the fact that we (wild west) "use to be strong at safeway but not anymore so why ask about that". And on saturday he was right. They filled the whole back parking lot were they usually park and we had 6 club members there, you can blame it on the weather if you want but they were there in numbers and we were not. I don't know if they all belong to one club or not but they all stick together on the back nine. Anyway, the conversation was that they would have more cars than us, it had nothing to do with the award. As it stands, and this is from what I saw on Saturday, they do have more members than us but I don't think they can get as many Mustangs together if we get the word out like we are doing. if we can win the award as a club that would be an added bunus but in the end it's all about who owns the "west side" Mopar guys or Ford guys? It is my opinion that this night is about all mustangs getting together weather you belong to our club or not. I hope that this clears up the confusion and remember, we love the cars not ourselves otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum. Later....

Don't worry fellas. They are Mopars, they probably won't be running anyway...
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSMC View Post
    Don't worry fellas. They are Mopars, they probably won't be running anyway...
    best post eva!!!

wish i was gonna be in town myself. but i will be up in the cool pines of Prescott valley in the am on friday. i need outta this heat!!!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

*tear* great post jemal!!!!!! pony power!!!!

"
    Don't worry fellas. They are Mopars, they probably won't be running anyway..."

~ how true is that! i pissed thru two Mopars myself before i was happy and got my mustang!

I have a friend from a while back that honestly had 3 different Chrysler products from that era just to make sure he had ONE vehicle to drive.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

ha ha ha! thats horrible! whats funny is that i know people like that with GM vehicles!