Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

I tried working it out with you punisher but you never wanted to solve anything. I tried to get you to come over and work it out man to man. But seems your like thats not your style. I do blame myself for not pulling the main caps and checking the bearings. I will take the loss. Its not going anywhere with you. If you ever wanna solve this feel free to text me . The block will be laying in my garage if you wanna check it out.

Silver Award 
    Name:  Judge Judy.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  17.4 KB

Silver Award 
    A duel in the Desert should take care of this!

Just kidding. Hope you guys work this out, really seems lame to have such bad feelings. It seems its a little bit of both problems.

Just my 2 cents worth but the money being talked about seems minimal at best, why not just split the difference somehow, or both of you put your heads together with your connections and help the other. Sounds like a good one for the Tech Night!

Sorry to hear Stangers having these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
    I pulled the motor..... skipped a tooth on the timing chain and had piston slap. Bent the valves.Car wasn't running. Thats why I bought your block. So i can get it going . But I just bought a good short block from craigslist tonight .
    So I now have a broke 302 and a broke 306 if any one wants them.

Ok so you pulled it... What about the other engine that I helped you get of the lift? You went from having just my engine, then you forgot that I helped you get the one of the lift, and now the one you took out the car??? What gives?
    04' F150 Supercrew

I took the one you helped me off the stand put your on the stand. Then I put the one we lifted off by the trash can. The next day some black dude asked if he could have it for scrap metal. I let him take it. No sense in arguing on here anymore. If you want to solve anything text me and come over.

Dont mean to get in your business but if you were so hard on cash how did you afford another block?
    04' F150 Supercrew

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
    I pulled the motor..... skipped a tooth on the timing chain and had piston slap. Bent the valves.Car wasn't running. Thats why I bought your block. So i can get it going . But I just bought a good short block from craigslist tonight .
    So I now have a broke 302 and a broke 306 if any one wants them.
    I thought you only had 1 block

that's where u ask for a pic of all 3 blocks. he says he has 2 broken blocks and 1 new block from craigslist. if this is true, then one of the broken blocks is punisher's block, then punisher can no longer say it wasn't his block that was broken.

if he can not or will not provide a pic of all 3 blocks or some form of reciept of this new block, ie craigslist link, then punisher may very well be right and it's not his fault.

i'm sure anyone can infer that he still has the original block and has some kind of money, instead of believing as he implied that he was dirt poor and some random nice "african american" guy walked up to his house and asked for a shortblock and hauled it away on his back...

this drama is interesting tho...

OK... here's something I don't quite understand. An engine block was sold for $200 with the expectation that it was fully functional and working. If I do an online search of FleaBay for 302 engine blocks I see that the only ones that come up are over 4x the cost.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Tru...fxdZ1QQ_ptasZ1

It looks like engine blocks on Craigslist are selling in the $600 price range:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/757212873.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/749802675.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/755093688.html
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/762477650.html

While I do see cheaper short blocks the pic included on one makes it look like this motor needs a lot of TLC to get it back on the road.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/752888846.html

Now I'm no expert on motors nor do I care to become one... but it seems to me that a tested, warranted block would cost a bit more than $200. Why would there be such a large difference in cost unless this motor were untested, or AS-IS?
    2008 Bullitt, Highland Green Metallic, Dark Charcoal interior

Modifications

Planned Mod's:
    * How do you modify an instant classic?

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by princessturtle View Post
    that's where u ask for a pic of all 3 blocks. he says he has 2 broken blocks and 1 new block from craigslist. if this is true, then one of the broken blocks is punisher's block, then punisher can no longer say it wasn't his block that was broken.

if he can not or will not provide a pic of all 3 blocks or some form of reciept of this new block, ie craigslist link, then punisher may very well be right and it's not his fault.

i'm sure anyone can infer that he still has the original block and has some kind of money, instead of believing as he implied that he was dirt poor and some random nice "african american" guy walked up to his house and asked for a shortblock and hauled it away on his back...

this drama is interesting tho...
    that always happens to me