Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

Gold Award 
    How much would it cost to fix what you found is wrong?

Gold Award 
    I have to agree with AZVFORCE...

You bought a complete short block without any internal inspection.

You bought it as-is.

A judge would easily side with the seller on this one...

93mustank - He told you it was working 100%. OBVIOUSLY it will not. If he is concerned, let him come by and inspect the motor to ensure that is the exact same one that he sold you. I've seen you offer this and it's certainly reasonable in every way.

ThePunisher95 - Despite the fact that you THOUGHT the motor was running great, it obviously was not at all, which any good mechanic could tell you. I don't believe you at all, there would be obvious audible clues to that kind of wear on the crank and those main bearings. He is also offering to prove to you that it is the same motor. You need to man up, he's even offering to take it in payments. You seem to really want the catback, I'm sure if it that big of a deal you could work out a price to add on to the payments. I would take up his offer while you can, he has you for Fraud and False Advertising. You don't really want a record and you especially don't want to add to it if you already have one. Since you're local and he has your PM's, number, address and the engine... I will tell you personally thats not a very hard case to win. Man up and get it done before it comes to that.

Hiker and those defending ThePunisher - You need to realize he advertised the motor as good condition, working perfectly. That is blatant false advertising and fraud. If he was not qualified to inspect the engine it is his duty to get a qualified inspection before advertising it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerosi665 View Post
    93mustank - He told you it was working 100%. OBVIOUSLY it will not. If he is concerned, let him come by and inspect the motor to ensure that is the exact same one that he sold you. I've seen you offer this and it's certainly reasonable in every way.

ThePunisher95 - Despite the fact that you THOUGHT the motor was running great, it obviously was not at all, which any good mechanic could tell you. I don't believe you at all, there would be obvious audible clues to that kind of wear on the crank and those main bearings. He is also offering to prove to you that it is the same motor. You need to man up, he's even offering to take it in payments. You seem to really want the catback, I'm sure if it that big of a deal you could work out a price to add on to the payments. I would take up his offer while you can, he has you for Fraud and False Advertising. You don't really want a record and you especially don't want to add to it if you already have one. Since you're local and he has your PM's, number, address and the engine... I will tell you personally thats not a very hard case to win. Man up and get it done before it comes to that.

Hiker and those defending ThePunisher - You need to realize he advertised the motor as good condition, working perfectly. That is blatant false advertising and fraud. If he was not qualified to inspect the engine it is his duty to get a qualified inspection before advertising it as such.
    This is 100% how I feel ......

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    Needs main bearing ,rod bearing and the crank needs turned.

Dont have any money to do this.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post

How much?

Dont really know......I would have to call and check at a machine shop.

lol well said andy, but i'm not taking either side just incase a war breaks out i can be that neutral person. kinda like poland in the WW's

actually it wouldnt be a easy case to prove. You would have to prove he knowingly sold a bad motor. From all the crap on the post i'd be willing to say small claim court would say both party's take it as a lesson. Not to mention all the work for a small claims court 200 dollar case. I know someone this happened to last year but it was over a 2k long block he bought from someone. The guy had proof the motor ran when he pulled the motor other party had proof it was bad since the first turn over. Its his word against the other persons. Crap another friend of mine got a motor built from vt engines, installed it first pull on the dyno the car blew. Engine was installed and tuned by a very good shop, vt said it was the shops fault they washed the cylinders, the shop looked at the motor said nope tolerences were to tight vt said yea right. They had 4 other engine shops look at it and they said the same thing tolerences were to tight. The shop even logged the tune to prove they didnt wash it and guess what customer had to pay out of pocket (both parties gave a little break but not much...install shop didnt charge to pull the motor again, and engine shop fixed it at cost for the guy still a couple g's out of pocket)
    Last edited by Ruckus46gt; 07-20-08 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus46gt View Post
    actually it wouldnt be a easy case to prove. You would have to prove he knowingly sold a bad motor. From all the crap on the post i'd be willing to say small claim court would say both party's take it as a lesson. Not to mention all the work for a small claims court 200 dollar case. I know someone this happened to last year but it was over a 2k long block he bought from someone. The guy had proof the motor ran when he pulled the motor other party had proof it was bad since the first turn over. Its his word against the other persons. Crap another friend of mine got a motor built from vt engines, installed it first pull on the dyno the car blew. Engine was installed and tuned by a very good shop, vt said it was the shops fault they washed the cylinders, the shop looked at the motor said nope tolerences were to tight vt said yea right. They had 4 other engine shops look at it and they said the same thing tolerences were to tight. The shop even logged the tune to prove they didnt wash it and guess what customer had to pay out of pocket (both parties gave a little break but not much...install shop didnt charge to pull the motor again, and engine shop fixed it at cost for the guy still a couple g's out of pocket)
    Buy from MMR? On a serious note, you do have a very good point with small claims court. Still an outrageously shitty move by the guy who sold him the engine, obviously not in working condition. Can't wait till I have my law degree. I'd take this one for free. /sigh. 2 more years...