Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

Are you saying that you accept no fault for not inspecting the motor better?

Are you saying that you believed that you could ask for a refund if you did not meet your expectations after your "post-purchase" teardown?

Did you ask the seller if he would let you return it if you didn't like it?

Did you think it had a warranty? if so, you would have voided it by tearing the motor apart yourself.

Did you think the seller had recently performed a full inspection on the internals of that motor?

YOU bought that motor based on the preliminary inspection YOU performed and the buyers word. Now you want your money back?

Its not like you paid $1k or more the motor dude. You got a great deal, needing bearings or not. You bought a USED shortblock without looking at it very well before putting down a whopping $200 + a used catback. Stuff like that is always AS IS, its just a no brainer.

Do you try and return stuff at garage sales too?

Your an idiot .... only fault I take is trusting some one.

Gentlemen lets no let this one get out of control.

I just skimmed thru this post fast.

How much total $$$ are we talking about here $200?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown. But his 1st post he tried to make me look like a thief "Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed." I quickly became defensive as I only wanted him to Post our problem as to come up with a solution. He himself said he didnt want to bash and thats exactly what his first post was. Im at a lost for words as I never have been in this situation.
    04' F150 Supercrew

Now I honestly have been trying to get everyones opinion on this on several forums. I pmed a guy from Tucson that Ive sold parts to and I know he would be unbiased on this situation and this was his reply.

"Hey bud,

I hate to see BS like that. I read your HPS thread and my thoughts were basically what Pokageek said. WIth something compex like an engine or a trans, the recipient has to assume that it's not perfect and might be nothing more than a paperweight. And if it is, the seller might not have known better (that's why the buyer goes over the part before making the deal official).

It seems like you hung around with the dude for a bit when you dropped the engine off, and we've seen he's comfy tearing things apart. I would have thought he would rip the pan off and go over the bottom end (and anything else he wanted) before he gave you his parts and cash. That's what I would have done (not with you - I trust you. But with someone I don't know). Because this wasn't done, it smells weird [on his end], and it's on him because he took custody of the engine with no contingencies and gave you the parts and cash.

Kind of an analogy: If he gave you two $100 bills and they looked good to you but your bank would not accept them because they are good counterfeits, you'd have a hard time getting two hundred more dollars from him, especially because he might have gotten them from someone else and not even known they were fake. If there was anything wrong with your engine, you didn't know about it and it is ultimately on the recipient to take the hit or know better.

This guy seems like he likes to complain a lot, which also makes it feel fishy. He thanks everyone who takes his side, which is kinda weird. That said, I dont know anyone on that forum (Never heard of it) and I dont really know how to handle it. I'd probably make one last post about how the engine was in good condition as best you knew and that it's on the buyer when buying as-is. And that if someone puts themselves in your position, how would they know they're not being scammed. Then I'd probably just let it go. I dont know if you post a lot on that forum however. THe bottom line is that when we buy an engine from a seller, junkyard, engine builder, performance shop, etc, there is risk involved and the buyer has to beware and do whatever he can to go over it before buying it.

I'll keep tabs on the threads.
    Chat shortly brah!"
    04' F150 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by ThePunisher95 View Post
    Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown. But his 1st post he tried to make me look like a thief "Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed." I quickly became defensive as I only wanted him to Post our problem as to come up with a solution. He himself said he didnt want to bash and thats exactly what his first post was. Im at a lost for words as I never have been in this situation.
    You told me to post this thread.......You said you would not think it was bashing.... quotes from your text.

Put your self in my shoes. I am out everything. You may have not known about the bearings and the crank. But now you are aware of it and you are doing nothing about it.

Do you think I will do business with you ever again...."no" ..... That has to say something. I have bought and sold many mustangs and mustang parts and have not met anyone that I did not want to do business with again until I met you.

You are just giving excuses over and over again

Honestly before this thread was posted I was willing to work something out with him as I felt bad that it might of been blown.
    I text you before I started this thread and you were willing to do nothing. You told me go ahead and post the thread.

After your excuses about not having gas money to drive down here I replied that I would drive all the way down there pick you up,buy some beer ,look at the motor, drive you and your motor back to your house and help you lift it off.

A

As of I have sold and bought countless items and never had a problem till I came across you. You think I would want to sell you or buy parts from you either hell no.
    04' F150 Supercrew

Exclamation

Guys I see we are talking about $300.

We have 47 posts on the subject.

Work something out or I am locking the thread.

No more personal attacks.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Burntire have I been personally attacking him besides post #47?
    04' F150 Supercrew

93 FOX