Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

Really there is more that one way to get your money back. Good luck to both of you guys. Hopefully everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    At least you could do is to come over and check out the block that you sold him.
    Hope things work out too..... Just want everyone to be aware of this member on this board.

He obviously doesnt want to solve anything. Just wants to argue. Doesnt even want to come over and take a look and solve the problem.

Its looking like I will be loosing my money on this.

Appreciate the support of the fellow members here and I hope that all will see what kind of member he is.

Looks like another week of work to try and get enough money to afford another short block.

Platinum Award 
    Is the engine junk now or.. I know its got a spun bearing but how about the others?
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

wow, i think the least you could do is give back the exhaust so he can re-coop SOME of his money by selling it to another member.

it sounds like he cant pay you the money back anyways.....seriously though its a couple hundred bucks, dont be in the wrong by keeping everything and leaving him with nothing......

Just a interesting note,it is strange that 2 days ago you wanted to trade that 306 for my 03 anniv wheels i wanted $300 for and you said

"the block would sell for $300 on ebay".
    That seems fishy to say now that you see the engine's poor shape.Its not like a guy that would be trying to get his car running by getting a low mile short block is going to say "hey i wonder if its worth it if i part out this short block that is in perfect working order for $300. maybe thats just me, i dont think i would buy a "working" short block to part it out knowing that to build another one is much more expensive than that, how much sence does that make??

you didnt mention the worth the other parts....not even once.....just the block, that seems strange.....almost like the rest of the engine wasn't worth anything. hmmmmm

i dont know either of you, but dont keep the money and the parts thats not a good route to take. im glad i didnt have any interest in this engine though.
    Last edited by BUSTED; 07-20-08 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Is the engine junk now or.. I know its got a spun bearing but how about the others?
    I have not pulled any other main caps or rod bearings. But the the crank is scored. I dont want to spend money on a whole bearing kit and have to get the crank turned.
    Last edited by 93mustank; 07-20-08 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks for the comment Busted...... Not going to lie I wish you would have made the deal...

Gold Award 
    wow. what a bum deal. does not sound like either person is tryin to rip either off. just sounds like one of those bad situations. i think my offer if i was in the situation was to offer you 100 bucks back of your 200 bucks so that you could get the bearings and get the crank trued. but thats just my .02. i do not think anyone had or has any harsh intentions, but i would do something to make things right. before anything is done, i would certainly take keith up on taking a look yourself. he is being straight up, so double check and make some form of agreement.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

ya i would agree with azsonicsnake, but he says he spent it, so the $100 exhaust back at a min i would think. but i would sure like to just see you guys figure it out without killing eachother.

ya you're right, i wish i would have bought a "nice" 306. Mine is so small vs. that. Just no sub. for cubic inches, except for boost.....lots and lots of boost.

I gotta throw in my 2 cents here.

That motor is "as is"

He did a preliminary check and made the decision to buy it based on the inspection he performed. He could have inspected it further, but chose not to, thats his problem.

I say tough shit on the buyers part.

I know the seller and know the history of that motor. That sucker is nearly new and ran awesome until the day he pulled it from the car.

Do I believe the pictures are showing the motor in question? Yes.
    Do I believe the motor was in that condition when it was running great in his car? Yes.

You are taking a risk anytime you are buying something like a motor used.

$200 + a catback? GREAT DEAL!

Suck it up and buy some new bearings you whiner. Your thread here is just gonna make other members hesitant to sell you anything.

Lol wow..... one post wonder....
    I say tough shit on the buyers part.
    Wish I could have this same attitude as you ..... oh wait I have morals.

Any one else read this a want to throw up.

Your thread here is just gonna make other members hesitant to sell you anything.
    Something is telling me I will be ok.....