Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

Bad dealings with fellow HPS member.......

I have been around the mustang scene for a few years now and have lots of honest dealings with other members. Nothing but good feedback and have purchased so many mustang parts whether it be local or nationwide.

There recently was a thread called " Fox Catback please!!!" http://www.highperformancestangs.com...hlight=catback

I replied that I had a catback for sale for 100.00 firm.

ThePunisher95 contacted me with a deal. Saying he had a good running stock 306 short block that he would trade for the catback plus I give him 200.00 cash.

Just so happens I was looking for a short block for my 86 so I told him I was definitely interested.

He told me the 306 was in great condition,only 6000 miles and there was no issues what so ever with the block. ( I have all the pm's)

After many PM's back and forth settled the deal.

The next day he came over and I gave him the catback plus 200.00 cash and he helped me put the motor on the stand. With just a visual inspection of the bores and cam bearings the block looked good. I trusted him and he went on his way.

The next day I go to take the oil pan off and check a main cap bearing. As I do every motor to ensure myself.

This is what I found.......

Right after the find I politely text him that I would like my money back and he could pick his ruined motor up.

Long story short..... He says he spent the money and has refused to give anything back.He didnt even offer to bring the Catback back. Kept saying it ran fine when he had it.

ThePunisher95 even told me to post this thread to see what other members have to say.

Please do not have any dealings with ThePunisher95 as you will be disappointed. I will update this if he mans up and gives me what I am owed.

Gold Award 
    I think he needs to refund you the money. It might have ran fine for him, but it's clearly not fine.
    Last edited by Gene; 07-19-08 at 02:23 PM.

Damn, I hate to see that. I would like to think the best in people but if he refuses to work with you then he may have known about it in the first place........

Silver Award 
    reserving judgment till i hear the other side of the story.
    2003 svt Lightning
    chickenears cai

bassani catback
    bassani catted mid
    LFP stage one W/ 4lb lower
    Fluidyne HE

a little faster then stock.

I sold the engine to him for 200 bucks and his catback. I also have sold and gave away perfertly good stufff to other fellow Mustang owners.....Especially at forums.stangnet.com(Im Guero on there). The engine was perfectly fine when I pulled it, car was never really driven, that block had less than 6k miles on it. The only reason I pulled it was because my Little brother could beat me in Cammed Ls1 and I was gonna do a 427 to make me the winner lol. The car ran fine, no squeaks, the only problem was a leak from the oil pan, which is nothing. My problem is this, he said he had recently bought a blow engine and was screwed of course cause some bearings were blown. My engine was fine in my car, how do I know hes not trying to screw me over to?? Im not trying to bash on him as I dont know him. Im sure I wouldnt have gave him my cell phone number and made up a User name on here so he couldnt trace me, but I didnt. Plus I know a couple of people on here that can say that engine was fine. They always clown on me cuz I couldnt stand loosing 2 my little brother and tearing up a perfectly fine setup. Plus I had recently changed the oil before I pulled it....Im sure I would of seen shavings in there.... I was even planning on keeping the block for the Fox in case it blew..But I decided that if it blew I would put a stock 351 in it so I decided to sell it...

And yes I did tell him to post this cause I dont know what to do.... I dont want either of our names to be screwed with bad rep over this....

I didnt offer anything back cause I wanted you to post it on here..and yes I did waste the money.. Your making it seem like I was an asshole about it.....I politly responded to every text and told you to post our problem for a better outcome and opinions.
    Last edited by ThePunisher95; 07-19-08 at 04:08 PM.
    04' F150 Supercrew

You can feel free to come back over here and pick your block up.... I will let you take a look with your own eyes....As any one can clearly see the motor is useless unless rebuilt.the bearing are shot and the crank is scored. I Have no worries about my reputation. In no way am I in the wrong here.

I really would appreciate my money and catback back.

And I do appreciate the support from members here and I really hope I get my money back. I am real tight on money with the economy like it is and now dont have enough money to buy another motor.

And yes you were polite on the text but at the same time you kept saying I was not getting my money back and saying the motor was fine.

i can say that that motor was a fresh motor and ran problem free. that car didnt even have that much street time on that motor. what punisher is saying is true. he is a straight up guy i mean this is the guy that took two days off work to install my six speed alone while i went to work. there was nothing wrong with the motor while he had it.

Quote Originally Posted by xecutioner View Post
    i can say that that motor was a fresh motor and ran problem free. that car didnt even have that much street time on that motor. what punisher is saying is true. he is a straight up guy i mean this is the guy that took two days off work to install my six speed alone while i went to work. there was nothing wrong with the motor while he had it.
    Any one can clearly see that the motor is not fine.....Far from fresh.

All he has to do is come over and take a look at. Its still on the stand where he helped me lift it.

all i'm saying is that i was with this guy all the time and i know that motor didnt have many miles on it and was running strong. we were even trying to convince him to keep and it and just go forced induction but he wanted a 427. thats all i'm saying.

Please do the right thing.....

Bring my catback back and pick up your motor. You can pay me back in payments.