Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford Mustang AV8R (One of a Kind)

Between 99-04 Roush made the V6 Stage 1, the V8 Stage 1, 2, 3, Sport, 360R, 380R, 440A, Cobra, Boyd Coddington Special, Shaker Special, and some prototypes. Thats at least 12 different versions on the same bodystyle.

I believe 2005+ has over 20 different versions now. And theyre even authorizing dealerships to make their own special Roush's. Theres no end in sight. As long as they can change one or two things and give a cool name, they will make them.

I havent even mentioned Saleen which has at least 10 different models now. Plus you have all the Mustangs Ford has made. Another 15+. So since 99 theres been about 50 different versions made. Sickening...and its only hurting the value of the ones before them. Youd think with the way the economy is they would stop all this crap
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Quote Originally Posted by 03AZRoush View Post
    Between 99-04 Roush made the V6 Stage 1, the V8 Stage 1, 2, 3, Sport, 360R, 380R, 440A, Cobra, Boyd Coddington Special, Shaker Special, and some prototypes. Thats at least 12 different versions on the same bodystyle.

I believe 2005+ has over 20 different versions now. And theyre even authorizing dealerships to make their own special Roush's. Theres no end in sight. As long as they can change one or two things and give a cool name, they will make them.

I havent even mentioned Saleen which has at least 10 different models now. Plus you have all the Mustangs Ford has made. Another 15+. So since 99 theres been about 50 different versions made. Sickening...and its only hurting the value of the ones before them. Youd think with the way the economy is they would stop all this crap
    Someone else is on the same page...i figured i was going to get the your only saying it cause you drive a chevy input. Its like ok we put out a new better special edition we will give it 2 or 3 months for people to buy it and then tell them a new rarer one is coming out and we will make 200 instead of 225 to make it more rare

And there will always be only one Terminator*

*You can't say anything about an anniversary edition, that had to be done.
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus46gt View Post
    Someone else is on the same page...i figured i was going to get the your only saying it cause you drive a chevy input. Its like ok we put out a new better special edition we will give it 2 or 3 months for people to buy it and then tell them a new rarer one is coming out and we will make 200 instead of 225 to make it more rare
    But If I was Jack Roush, Id be doing it to. Who wouldnt want to make millions??
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by About2Bite View Post
    And there will always be only one Terminator
    AMEN!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 

Update

The AV8R ended up going for $500K. The money goes to the EAA Young Eagles Foundation. I haven't seen posted who bought it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/05/f...k-for-charity/
    Last edited by AZ-GT; 08-08-08 at 01:15 PM.

Platinum Award 
    WOW! Thats a great amount for them!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"