Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two guys scamming the neighborhood

Two guys scamming the neighborhood

Just walked outside and two guys had there paws all over my car looking in the windows and checking under the body.. did not look like car guys they looked like low lifes! then they got real defensive when i asked them what was going on Had to make room in the garage how would i feel if i woke up and she was a gonner!? How safe are the Viper alarms with the paging keyless opener?

WTF!!!

Platinum Award 
    Wow, what did they look like?
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

you should have called the boys in blue. I would have followed them.

thats messed up

I had a couple of guys pace my street one day while washing the stang. go inside really quick for a glass of water come out and one is walking up to my house. then turned around and they drove off.

recently i had the tail light covers stolen off my car and valve stems cut off. and we weren't the only house. lousey ignorant fools with no respect for other's property.

Gold Award 
    wow! thats kinda scary... reasons like this are why my stang only sleeps in a garage....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

The alarm unfortunatly is only as good as the installer and the job done installing it. Last week I was walking my dog and walked up on two ladies standing on the side fo the road with an excursion parked in the middle of it. I could see them from some distance and as I got 100 ft the alarm went off and I noticed teh one lady motioning that the alarm would not shut off. As I walked up and asked them about it she explained that it had been acting up over the last few days and this time went off while it was driving and shut it down. They were happy when I told them I had installed security for over 10 yrs and could probably help. The alarm would not reconize the disarm funtions but would still report that the alarm had been set off. I told her I could possibly disconnect it if she liked and she said to have at it. I was amazed that I opened the door and the alarm beeped but did not go into full alert. When I peaked my head under the dash(which was not hard in a lifted explorer) the alarm and all of its wires were exposed just above the dead pedal. Took 2 secs to disconnec the hrns and and completely disarm the 2 way pager alarm, she was happy and sad at the same time.

If they were lookin under the front they could have been looking to see fi your alarm siren was exposed where they can cut the wire. I would peek under the hood and make sure it is not exposed, but if you want be to give it a good once over I would be happy to help protect another stang......

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by dtsoxs View Post
    Just walked outside and two guys had there paws all over my car looking in the windows and checking under the body.. did not look like car guys they looked like low lifes! then they got real defensive when i asked them what was going on Had to make room in the garage how would i feel if i woke up and she was a gonner!? How safe are the Viper alarms with the paging keyless opener?

WTF!!!
    That's messed up. If you see them again, whip out the camera phone and snap a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Wow, what did they look like?
    Ask Don Imus...

Silver Award 
    I have security cameras on my house. Cost me 2k for 3 cameras and a DVR but for the peace of mind it gives its worth every penny. My stangs in the garage with the Trans Am, but the H3 and Beemer get to camp out.

One low cost suggestion I have is there are really bright flashing light things you can buy at any auto store, they plug into the lighter but they are bright and use very little battery but can be seen from about 100 feet away at night, Id suggest getting one, they are only 5 bucks.
    I had my car stereo guy install a light that changes in variances of flashing with my alarm at the top of my headliner (view it farther higher up) I know everyone cant afford alarms and its definitely not going to keep them from breaking in but a good fake flashing brite lite might make em think you have something special. Sun Valley Stereo 28th and Thomas talk to John, tell him Joe Tokoph sent you, he's a really cool guy and will hook you up on anything stereo or alarm related, if its electronics hes the man! For the record, I dont get any kick back, but he'll treat you special if he knows I referred you, hes done electronics in my cars for 20+ years, geez Im getting old!

Thought this looked cool as well. http://www.drivewayalarms.pro/
    Last edited by JoeT; 07-09-08 at 12:06 AM.

Gold Award