Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two guys scamming the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    I would be happy to help anyone out that has questions about their security system from troubleshooting problems to seeing if it is really secure.
    Would you be able to look at my car alarm?

be happy to take a look at it, I am near val vista and ray and should be around the house most of the weekend.

I ripped out the Alarm that was in my car when I bought it. Piece of junk it was. My security feature? Hidden fuel pump cut off switch. You'd never find it unless I pointed it out to you. Only way to take my car is with a flat bed when that switch is in the OFF position. heheh

Pro Car thieves won't take a car if it won't start right away. They limit themselves to as little amount of time as possible when taking a car. If it's going to take more than a minute they generally leave it.
    The Pony Car Wars are over... The Mustang Won

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stern90LX View Post
    I ripped out the Alarm that was in my car when I bought it. Piece of junk it was. My security feature? Hidden fuel pump cut off switch. You'd never find it unless I pointed it out to you. Only way to take my car is with a flat bed when that switch is in the OFF position. heheh

Pro Car thieves won't take a car if it won't start right away. They limit themselves to as little amount of time as possible when taking a car. If it's going to take more than a minute they generally leave it.
    I'll be up in Prescott..Where do ya live???
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

I have been looking for a reason for the first east side tech night. Maybe we could have a security gathering where I could go look over any current systems for any errors or trouble shooting as well as to give them a look to see if they are actually secure.

As I said earlier I worked for over 10 yrs installing audio and security. I have worked at shops that specialized in security as well as a couple of really clean/anal shops that has made for a good mix. This along with my degree in electronics would qualify me technically, and after a short time you will know that I am honest enough to trust to deal with your car and your alarm.

Would anyone on here be interested? If you are then please put down if there are days good or bad for you.

I would definitely be there I really need to get my alarm looked at. I would just like to have a little peace of mind when I take it out of the garage. Just let me know when??

man that sucks. my friend has a viper alarm system but is very sensitive. we would barely rock his car and his alarm would be screaming. but with a car like yours then a sensitive alarm wouldnt be too bad. i HATE people who have no respect. but your a man with a fairly nice build. they were probably scared when u came out lol. but it wouldnt be a bad idea to invest in some sort of security for your car. maybe even some surveliance for it too. what did they say when you confronted them?

Quote Originally Posted by Built4speed View Post
    man that sucks. my friend has a viper alarm system but is very sensitive. we would barely rock his car and his alarm would be screaming. but with a car like yours then a sensitive alarm wouldnt be too bad. i HATE people who have no respect. but your a man with a fairly nice build. they were probably scared when u came out lol. but it wouldnt be a bad idea to invest in some sort of security for your car. maybe even some surveliance for it too. what did they say when you confronted them?
    They just got really nervous and started asking every question in the book about my car it was definitely a weird situation they knew they were busted and tryed to play it off so i had to make room in the garage for the cobra.

an alarm that is too sensative is just as bad as one that is not as sensative as it needs to be. It really is not too hard to tune them to what you like if you know how. Some people say that alarms are useless and that they do not pay attention to them but I can promise that if my trucks alarm went off you would look at it. Between the regular siren, the interior siren(called a pain generator), the horn honking and finally two words - MECHANICAL SIREN!

Just buy a train horn set and connect them to your alarm.

-89,000 original miles
    - BBK 1 5/8 unequal shorty headers
    -2.5 inch offroad x-pipes w/ 2 chamber flowmasters
    -K&N panel filter, air silencer delete
    -Pro-M 75mm mass air sensor, calibrated for stock injectors
    -65mm Throttle Body and EGR spacer
    -96' Explorer GT-40 intake manifold
    -Explorer 19# injectors
    -Taylor 8.2mm Thunder Volt ignition wires
    -MSD cap and rotor
    -underdrive crank pulley
    -130 amp 3g alternator