View Poll Results: Meeting Location

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Berge

20 66.67%
  • Church

10 33.33%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Meeting Location/VOTE.......

Again, for those who attend the meetings regularly, you know that most of the members we are talking about cannot attend other club events due to their restrictions. Just because you don't know their faces, doesn't mean they aren't integral to the club. They contribute monthly dues, fund the ASSET Program, answer tech questions, and mentor new members. I would guess 25% of those at the monthly meetings are the ones we are talking about.
    6T8Pony

FYI... Scott isn't the only owner of 6T8PONY.
    6T8Pony

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchmach View Post
    You have to take in to consideration that some of those individuals have been long term members, and the Club is a big part of their social life. Some remember when other members children were born, who are now in College.

A Club belongs to every dues paying member, and each person has an equal say in the Club. Good Officers take everyones needs, and wants, in to consideration when making decisions that affect the Club and its members.
    I understand what you and '6T8Pony' are saying. I should stop commenting on this particular Thread as I don't want to say anything wrong. I totally respect all Member's especially the ones that have been on since the Club first started. Sorry for the earlier comment. It was written without thinking.

Gold Award 
    I have been a member for 12 years and have been on the Board as recently as 2006. The topic of relocating the meetin was never discussed. This came about after a single incident that happened months ago. The Board is looking in to it and will do what is best for the club. In the end, the pros have to outweigh the cons. Until that decision is made, I would suggest that those who are uneasy with the current location either parallel park along the sidewalk in front of the meeting hall or follow the advice of others and carpool.

67 'Stang Lover
    Well said. I know we will find the right solution to this issue because we are a great Club. That is what this Forum is for and why we have it. I think it is a shame that people get upset over certain threads that are posted. That is not the intention here. My bad..........

Quote Originally Posted by 6T8Pony View Post
    FYI... Scott isn't the only owner of 6T8PONY.
    Point well taken, please accept my apology Page!

67 'Stang Lover
    Well, just got back from the Monthly Meeting as well as surviving the storm. Thanks to Andy and Kevin for the Security in the parking lot while we were all inside in the meeting enjoying the A/C. They did a great job taking shifts between the two of them. It was nice to meet all of the new member's as well. Great people.
    The decision for the meeting location has been decided and it looks like it will stay at the Church for the time being. The main reason the Board made this decision is because of the location first and foremost, being centrally located. This location in the center of Phoenix is the best for both east and west sides of the Valley. We have been there for 21 years and it seems like the majority of Member's agree that it should stay at the Church. I would love to have it at Berge Ford but I know it wouldn't be fair to the west side Member's.
    Thanks to all who participated in this Thread as it is the most commented Thread/Topic on the CMC web page. If there are any other concerns please let me or someone else know. Thanks for all of your comments and concerns.
    Steve..........

Silver Award 
    Name:  Looney-Tunes---Porky-Pig--C11754811.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  25.4 KB

I couldn't resist

Just a conclusion to discussion on my part....

My opinions were just that and in an effort to make suggestions I felt since i was and will be a memeber again that me and all of us have the responsibility to bring up discussions no matter if nobody likes the comments. I was just simply trying to add my thoughts to where the meetings ought to be and not trying to be difficult about this matter in hand.
    In the last posts I read it said that the meeting place will remain in Phoenix which is probably the best spot for everyone after all. Changes are good but maybe not for everyone.
    I hope nobody took my opinions at heart because all I was doing was getting ideas put together to share to everyone in the club.

Take care,

1rad67

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rad67 View Post
    Just a conclusion to discussion on my part....

My opinions were just that and in an effort to make suggestions I felt since i was and will be a memeber again that me and all of us have the responsibility to bring up discussions no matter if nobody likes the comments. I was just simply trying to add my thoughts to where the meetings ought to be and not trying to be difficult about this matter in hand.
    In the last posts I read it said that the meeting place will remain in Phoenix which is probably the best spot for everyone after all. Changes are good but maybe not for everyone.
    I hope nobody took my opinions at heart because all I was doing was getting ideas put together to share to everyone in the club.

Take care,

1rad67
    Chris,
    Well put and I agree with you on this. Thia is a Forum and it is Public and you have every right to post whatever you want as long as it is within the stated rules posted by the Moderator.
    As far as the meeting location is concerned, we can always bring it up in the future as nothing is forever. Change is good and we should always keep our minds open to anything. I just hope we can get more Member's on this Forum because as it stands now it is a small percentage. Hope to see you and everyone else at the Meeting this Sunday...........
    Steve.