View Poll Results: Meeting Location

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Berge

20 66.67%
  • Church

10 33.33%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Meeting Location/VOTE.......

Gold Award 
    Is there some sort of community center in town we can use?

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    I was pretty surprised that the church charges $1000/year for an hour or two meeting each month. I'm in the wrong business.
    Yeah, I hear you on that one. They charge $100 for a single meeting and we have them 10x a year which makes it $1,000.00 that the Club pays out to them. The other 2x are the Pancake Breakfast and the Christmas Dinner. I think it would be cool to be around all of the new Mustangs at the Dealership as well as our Member of the Month Winner that displays the car in the Showroom. More of a Car Club/Motorhead/Hobbyist atmosphere to it that is for sure.

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Poll added
    Thanks 'Burntire' and I hope this gets a lot of exposure either way. That is what a Club/Forum is for.
    Steve..........

Berge Ford Location

I am all for moving the Copperstate Mustang monthly meetings to Berge Ford. The meetings should have been moved since Berge Ford sponsored us in the first place.

1rad67

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    Is there some sort of community center in town we can use?
    I would think so. I would have to get with Dave on this because it would be a Board decision. I was thinking there should be somewhere around Sky Harbor that would be reasonable. And that is pretty central as far as location, right off of the Freeway as the Church isn't. We would have to pay still as Berge Ford we wouldn't. Like I said I am not trying to change the location to better it for anyone in particular, just don't like the Church location. This has been brought up before and it never seems to get resolved, and not by me. The Board needs to address this for sure...........

67 'Stang Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rad67 View Post
    I am all for moving the Copperstate Mustang monthly meetings to Berge Ford. The meetings should have been moved since Berge Ford sponsored us in the first place.

1rad67
    Thanks Chris, put your vote in and I agree with you. They are our Sponsor and I was even told that Berge Ford Management (Greg Okolita) wants us there. I am sure they are wondering why we are still at the Church. I would rather be at a meeting place that caters to our Hobby as well. If Bell Ford was our Sponsor then I would go there for our Monthly Meeting.

Hello all. I'm going to weigh in on this one. I'm a past president of the club, and this issue has been around a long time. I am presently and "inactive" member. I read the newsletter, but don't participate in any activities due to limitation on my personal time.

I also live in the East Valley. For me personally, the less I have to drive, the better. But the CMC is not a personal organization, it is a club. You have to make decisions based on what is best for the majority (not everyone) in the club. One thing I learned a long time ago is that I would never make everyone in the club happy with a decision. I went for the 80-85% rule. Worked out pretty good in my time.

For meeting location, what works best for the Copperstate Mustang Cllub, based in Phoenix, is something centrally located. The club certainly has the treasury to support the $1000 per year it is donating to the church. However, if the location of the church is not "safe", then find another central location. Moving to the East side would surely alienate a large portion of the membership. I would encourage the current leadership of the club -those people donating their time and doing a great job of it - to identify a new, central location where membership feels safe.

I will also suggest an alternative. When I was living in central Illionis, I was a member of the Central Illionis Mustangers. We had our monthly meetings at a member's home. Each month, the location switched. A calendar was put out for the year. The club would cover the cost of refreshments, and the host member would open up their home/garage/back yard for the meeting. It was always a blast and always safe!

Rotating meeting locations would certainly add complexity, but would be a chance to meet new people - some on the East side, some on the West and some Central. Just something else to consider.

Gold Award 
    i totally agree with the church just being a bad spot. i personally was beyond nervous when i had my car there. and its alot of why i do not go. because honestly, the meetings are fun, but i will also say that i will not drive to mesa just for a meeting. maybe if there was something tied in, but as stated, with gas north or 4 bucks now, its difficult to place the meeting in mesa and expect that to be fair for the majority of the membership. now if the membership is mainly based in mesa, than so be it. not gonna lie, i love the idea of having it there, and the atmosphere, and what not. but honestly, the location i do not feel is fair to the vast majority of the membership.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

could we split the meetings one month east side one month west side? Do we have a west side sponsor that would like to help? This is a big city and it is not getting smaller, and gas prices are not dropping so why not try to bring the meetings to the people?

I vote for Berge but not just being an east sider. Just a better place to be and they are our sponsor and it would save the club some money that we could put to something else. Also splitting it half west/half east isn't such a bad idea or even doing it at peoples homes.