Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: east side tech night?

Gold Award 
    Theres a turbo bug rolling around here? VDUB

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    Theres a turbo bug rolling around here? VDUB
    Time to unpimp the auto.

Forgot to mention that if anyone does want to do an east side tech night I'm always down to work on cars so long as there's a little notice and I'm free.
    ~Andrew

does anyone have any projects the want to do in the next couple of weeks? a month?

I'd show up once I get the car tagged.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    VDUB
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSHAKN View Post
    Time to unpimp the auto.

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    does anyone have any projects the want to do in the next couple of weeks? a month?
    Only current project I've got that I need to do this weekend is pull the rear axles, swap my mach 1 brakes out to GT brakes, and put in my ARP wheel studs so I can legally run my slicks.
    ~Andrew

Platinum Award 
    How about putting the interior back in the 79 Coupe! It is going to paint next week but as soon as it comes back the interior is going in. Then.. the 5.0 swap, could be a project for us to do. Still putting the final ingredients together. Motor is a 97 Explorer, 8.8 w/3:73. Engine is apart and getting redone need a T5 , bell houising exhaust...BVut it could be very fun!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Silver Award 
    Im not a mechanical genius by any means but Id be in for a learning session, an air conditioned building would be nice!

Im contemplating subframe connectors on my 80 Trans Am just havent determined who Id trust to do this welding for me, or which connectors to go with. I know the only way to cure the rattles Ive got is to do this, T-Tops weaken a nearly 30 year old car. Any good welders in the group familiar with adding subframe connectors? Id even go for a good shop on this one, the key for me is perfection and quality. Pontiac guys in Arizona are at a minimum, in fact with us having so many car auctions and shows in the state you'd think there would be more shops like I see on Spike TV here in Az.

Hey lets get Berge Ford to open up a few stalls for us on a Sunday! hint, hint. Probably cant happen since its has liability issue's.

Id also be interested in a short throw shifter install for the stang.

That would be cool if our sponsor could step up and help out with a facility or anything really. I would think at the minimum that they could sell some parts, but make some friends as well. I would not even know who or where to ask that question to, I am still kinda new around here.........

Those all sound like great projects as well. If you guys have an idea of when you are going to do it lets try and get something organized. Even if it is just a easy going few of us I would like to get some experience and be willing to lend a hand.

Anyone know if this could float, or who to ask?

I really don't think that we need an air conditioning place to work. Nothing a couple of beers after the job will cool ya off.