Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion sting

Gold Award 
    also depends on your location, as i have never seen one either. but my wife said at the house she previously lived in, it was infested with them. and i can tell ya, i have never been good about sprayin for bugs.. lol..

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

omg...i got goosebumps just thinking about it... OUCH!!

I hope you're feeling better.
    "I stop at every vendor booth looking for promotional apparel. Some people think I'm crazy...I don't."

Gold Award 
    I'm fine, finger is still completely numb though. I live right below south mountain (basically under the radio/tv towers) and supposedly they come from the preserve. I have the house sprayed and also use Home Defense but every now and then one slips by the goalie. That is only the 3rd one I have seen after 2 years in the house.

Those are wicked looking little buggers!

Are dogs more sensative to the venom??? My dog will hunt and screw with anything from a water buffalo to a june bug. I'm sure if one of those scurried across the kitchen there would be trouble (for the dog that is).
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Gold Award 
    I live here in Mesa and Live on site of a storage facility, When I first got here I saw 1 and told my boss that I wanted it sprayed at least 2 times a month, which we did, Since then it has been once a month sprayed, the only other one I have seen was when a lady brought it in. that one was killed with a broom. No more since then, Im happy hehe, and this one was only about an inch long and it was scarry ewww. but its gone now. The trick is too spray once a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    I'm fine, finger is still completely numb though. I live right below south mountain (basically under the radio/tv towers) and supposedly they come from the preserve. I have the house sprayed and also use Home Defense but every now and then one slips by the goalie. That is only the 3rd one I have seen after 2 years in the house.

Gold Award 
    I live in Anthem and I find at least 1 to 2 scorpions in the yard every night (In the summer Months). I have possibly killed a couple hundred over the last few years. I find about 1 to 2 in the house each month; i just found one in the shower just two days ago. I have tried all kinds of spray and powder and the Scorpions are immune to that stuff. If you spray and keep there food supply (bugs) down, than the scorpions will decline in population. I have been told that they have nesting grounds that will last for many years.

I now use a natural pest control company that uses natural spray made from flowers that have a natural chemical that pest do not like so they simply leave from the area that has been treated. It worked very well for the first month (not 1 scorpion) but than I stopped using it for the next month and all of a sudden I have found many scorpions. I now have an appointment for this Thursday again and I will stay on a monthly schedule. By the way the natural spray is suggested for those who have small children and aniamls.
    2007 Mustang GT/CS - 20 inch Custom Boyd Coddingtons, BFG KDW, Ford Racing air intake, x-pipe, pro cal tune, JBA axel backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Rattlers are a very different animal for sure, ER is a must asap for anti-venom but the only real thing to do is to stay calm, yeah right, and limit the movement of the victim.. Time is essential!! No tourniquet or cut and suck clean the wound and get to an ER, pref a trauma hosp...
    Usually when there is a problem with rattle snakes I bring out the Cobra... That usually shuts them up
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

I lived in New River/Desert hills almost my whole life and used to ride my dirt bikes and shoot doves/deer hunt where Anthem now is. Lol What was funny is when I was growing up Dell Webb wanted to buy that property but it was state land and they wouldnt give it up, well it just so happen to burn one year and all the sudden Dell Webb got their hands on it. So I guess it burning helped get rid of the insects and small creatures....
    That place 25 years ago was crawling with scorpions, huge frogs and Gila Monsters. My parents used to catch them and rattle snakes with their bare hands (F'n crazy) I have also gotten bit by a Bull snake, harmless but they still have fine teeth and hurt. If any of you want to see some crazy sized scorpions just head out to Anthem, and hike up Daisy mountain. There are also some old Indian ruins up there with arrowheads all over.

Terrible story I know, but I was just chiming in :)

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by maddme View Post
    I now use a natural pest control company that uses natural spray made from flowers that have a natural chemical that pest do not like so they simply leave from the area that has been treated. It worked very well for the first month (not 1 scorpion) but than I stopped using it for the next month and all of a sudden I have found many scorpions. I now have an appointment for this Thursday again and I will stay on a monthly schedule. By the way the natural spray is suggested for those who have small children and aniamls.
    What company uses the natural stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by About2Bite View Post
    Usually when there is a problem with rattle snakes I bring out the Cobra... That usually shuts them up
    Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by maddme View Post
    I live in Anthem and I find at least 1 to 2 scorpions in the yard every night (In the summer Months). I have possibly killed a couple hundred over the last few years. I find about 1 to 2 in the house each month; i just found one in the shower just two days ago. I have tried all kinds of spray and powder and the Scorpions are immune to that stuff. If you spray and keep there food supply (bugs) down, than the scorpions will decline in population. I have been told that they have nesting grounds that will last for many years.

How bout some pics Jim?