Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: audio/video/security section?

audio/video/security section?

I am new here but suprised there is no audio/video/security section. The mach systems can be confusing and I am amazed at how many shops still think that you can't add items to it with out replacing everything in the car. They use a couple of funny numbers in their speakers to make it difficult but it actually isn't hard to tweek it with a couple of minor things to make it scream. page 2 of my cardomain page shows how to install a deck in a mach460.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/2

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    I am new here but suprised there is no audio/video/security section. The mach systems can be confusing and I am amazed at how many shops still think that you can't add items to it with out replacing everything in the car. They use a couple of funny numbers in their speakers to make it difficult but it actually isn't hard to tweek it with a couple of minor things to make it scream. page 2 of my cardomain page shows how to install a deck in a mach460.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/2

Stang looks awesome man! I made a custom back seat for mine that fit 2 12" and it sounded amazing and looked good too! im trying to sell them but no body has heard of planet audio so im not getting any hits

Cardomains down but you will be suprised as to what some people will tell you needs to be done to put an aftermarket deck in a car, from rewiring the car and replacing the speakers to bypassing amps. While it is necessary in certain vehicles, the vast majority of them can be done without any issues what so ever.
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

after working as an installer for years, and having alot of mustang friends back home in indiana gave me alot of experience with the mach systems. They are a little funny but once you understand them bypassing or integrating into them could not be easier. I installed my cd player first and tweeked the 460 to sound much better then it did with the factory deck. I ran that for over a year before I started to rip the rest of it out bit-by-bit

Gold Award 
    not gonna lie, i am rather happy with the mach 460 in my car, even without the box being there in the back deck. but i am guess i am not one of those audio kinda guys, i just like a good sound with a little bass to it. i just get nervous about that 6 disc changer making a lunch out of my cd's. i try to only put burned ones in there for this reason. thats why the main thing i wanna do is swap the headunit. but i am picky, i don't want it done with a single din and one of those plastic stereo install kits.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

sounds like an audio guy to me, just wants to balence the music and performance, just like me. I build that system so that the box and amp-rack can be pulled out in less then 15 mins if I want to go to the track.

Yes it is only a matter of time before it eats your disks, they are little more then a dash mounted audio time bomb. There are a number of double din decks that work and look beautifull in the dash and sound good too. I am not plannin on going anywhere, hit me up when yer ready and will get you rockin.

Indiana? Why would you leave that place to come to AZ lol, where in Indiana are you from?

For the most part, based on my experience, a factory deck will outlast the majority of aftermarket decks.
    Black 04 Cobra

I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Gold Award 
    considering my car is on its third factory deck...uh... guess my car is the oddball..lol...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by About2Bite View Post
    Indiana? Why would you leave that place to come to AZ lol, where in Indiana are you from?

For the most part, based on my experience, a factory deck will outlast the majority of aftermarket decks.
    You have never owned a ford factory cd player have you? For some reason they made a rock solid transport system for thier tape decks but never were able to figure out a solid transport mechanism for the cd decks. It is a common error for them to jam and lock up with your disks in them.

I moved here from southern indiana(evansville/newburgh) in july of 2000 after graduating school and getting a job offer out here. Indiana is a great place to be FROM....

You have never owned a ford factory cd player have you?
    I actually currently own one and it works great

Indiana is a great place to be FROM....
    Yes it is, I moved here from NW Indiana
    Black 04 Cobra