As a result of cataloging hundreds of Mustang photos, I came up with an idea that I've not seen anywhere on the web in the visual form I have in mind. I've started down the path of gathering detailed cropped photos that depict the specific exterior characteristics that distinguish one year from another. Many of us just know these differences and immediately, for example, recognize a '66 from a '65. Given the various differences within a year though, there is probably not a single image that would by itself be enough to recognize a particular year.

"The '66 loses its honeycomb grille in favor of a multi-bar treatment. The 1966 models had the running pony inside the corral free-floating on horizontal grille bars. Each model receives three-pronged, chrome-plated wind splits in the C-shaped rear wheel scoop (except for the GT). Backup lights are added and the gas cap and side mirrors are duly restyled."

I was thinking this year by year visual guide could be useful. Maybe we could host the images here? Comments?

John (VSTNG)