Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or is Firebird starting to s*ck !!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    i would also suggest heading to firebird if you love sitting in the tech line for over an hour..lol....
    I have never sat more than 10-15 minute. Then again I get there when it opens.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    ya i get there before 6:30, no probs in tech for me :)
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Dude you breaking stuff like me

Bent Tire & Broke FAZM

Gold Award 
    desslok40-If you dont want to wait you need to get there early......before all the ricers do

firebird/speedworld

too much waiting in line and no traction for me at firebird 1.98 best 60 foot and verry picky tech. speedworld is 80%tracktion most of the time capeble of 1.5 60foots and also you can get a lot of info from the staff alot more friendly.

I never have any issues in tech, of course I am N/A so nothing special, I have noticed they are definately more picky than speedworld, but they also have alot
    more "non-sports" cars to deal with, like I said before those are fun to see run but not when they break a differential and spew oil all over the track, or when its one of those ricer cars with the missing bumpers, dropping bolts and crap on the track, wish they had domestic night/ import nights, again like Speedworld does !

Nonetheless, its just going to be too hot for a few months now, last week the track was horrible till couple of hours after the sun went down, I think I will just work on cosmetic mods and hold off racing again till OCT
    2006 GT - AUTO
    3.73 FRPP Gears
    C&L Racer Intake
    SLP LT Headers, X-pipe w/ hiflo cats
    MAC axle back exhaust
    Granatelli UCA/LCAs
    M/T ET Drag Radials

Gold Award 
    Firebird is a damn joke. Went out there for the first time in over a year back in March; I won't be going back there again unless my son wants to see the NHRA nationals.

4+ hours for 2 runs = fail

I went to firebird for the first time and had a horrible experience (except for when i got to race) i only got 3 runs in the whole night and like someone else said the "VIP" line ugh just made me cry they got in probably 6-7 runs at the least. where's speedworld just for future reference.

Gold Award 
    www.speedworldmotorplex.com has all the info!

but i won't talk anymore trash about firebird, since i know the firebird peoples always have a smart comeback. seems like the nahs have it though...lol..

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Thought about going to Firebird last night, cooler temps and some humidity, called around 2pm and the chick who answered the phone said Friday Night Drags were on and it would take a lot of rain to cancel, so I get my drag radials on and head on down, sure enough gates were closed, and it was a beautiful night !! Obviously they just wanted an excuse to cancel cuz of the holiday weekend, that's weak ~!~!

Just lends more credibility to my statement, Friday Night Drags is starting to s*ck !!
    Last edited by desslok40; 05-24-08 at 10:57 PM.