Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of your Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    Wd 40 will clean that motor so easily. spray it everywhere and drive it around to burn it off
    wd40? you sure that wont screw anthing up?

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    so is yours!! why are you selling?!?!
    thanks man! To get something with a bit more grunt, the V6 just isn't cutting it anymore. But it will be another mustang, no doubt.
    2001 True Blue Cobra Convertible
    1 of 292
    #935 built on 4/20/01

Nice pics guys!
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Built4speed View Post
    wd40? you sure that wont screw anthing up?

haha do mean to be a dick about it but have you ever read the side of wd can? IMO its the bast thing to spray on the motor.

THE FIVE BASIC FUNCTIONS:

LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts.
    CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, grime and grease to clean. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, stickers, and excess bonding material.
    PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.
    PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
    DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.
    (From their site- http://www.wd40.com/products/ )

like i said spray heavily Everywhere anywhere and DONT wipe off. Dont. drive around the block with that heavy foot of yers and make the motor hot. when you stop DO NOT freak out about smoke You may have gotten some on headers or what ever it happens i do it alot. It will not catch fire if it does soemthing is wrong with yer stang. mine is 40 years old with the origonal motor i doubt it will if i cn spray it on that car. if you really ant to you can even take a rubber glove and spread it with hands on small stuff. you will smell it while driving but after about 5 miles or so it fades and your car is CLEAN and running healthier than before. Hope this helps

Question: What are you doing about the RR tire being overloaded on your launch?
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    '93 Notch - Looks faster than it is.
    '72 F100 4x4 - Dormant, for now.
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0Stanger View Post

Question: What are you doing about the RR tire being overloaded on your launch?
    Good question.... I have a air bag waiting to go in. Should help a bit. Maybe pull better than a 1.56 ....never know....Car has only ran 11.98.... I still need to invest in some suspension parts.... All stock suspension with drag springs all around....

Car does twist a lot

Quote Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
    Good question.... I have a air bag waiting to go in. Should help a bit. Maybe pull better than a 1.56 ....never know....Car has only ran 11.98.... I still need to invest in some suspension parts.... All stock suspension with drag springs all around....

Car does twist a lot
    I just saw that and remembered the one time that I pulled the front sway bar loose on my last notch. When I side-stepped the clutch, the car rolled right over onto the RR tire. That unloaded the left rear and my car slowed down. I re-attached the bar, the roll-over stopped, and the car went back to the ETs it was running, before I cut the bar loose.

I'm guessing the bar is off of your car. The air bag should help out. Putting coil-overs on the rear might be even better.
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

Any suspension in the rear would help......the driver wheel does unload too much.

Looking at the LR tire, it seems you're running around 10-11psi in the rears. I'm guessing you're running 50/50 shocks in the rear?
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

10 psi......stock shocks..... only suspension is drag springs all around