Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron's First Stang!!

Platinum Award 

Cameron's First Stang!!

Ok so many of you know my oldest son Cameron, he is a good kid but his grades have been, well they could be better. On the last cruise Steve had mentioned to him if he got a car he would help him build it up with Hank and others in our club. Soooooooo I found this little coupe in Moreno Valley for $900 on E-bay, he was looking at them with me and we were watching it. I sent the seller a "best Offer" and she accepted it! He thinks it was sold and is gone but I won it and am going to go pick it up soon and hide it at my sisters. I think this is a good starter car and maybe motivate him to Study and get better grades, I'm not asking for straight A's just B's and C's would be great.

The car..86 4cyl coupe all original including the radio, it's a daily driver, the color is very bland but that's OK, my co-workers say he will never get laid in that thing and that's OK too for now! Only 9 months before he turns 18. I remember when my Dad got me my first car and can't wait to see his eyes when I give it to him.. Probably at one of our events maybe the Monsoon Show??? Park it in the lot with a for sale sign on it them throw him the keys!!! You Guys and Gals can help in the suprise!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

That is awesome Dave. I was watching it on ebay. Looks to be a great find, nice and clean.

You need a 5 liter block to put in that thing

Thats awesome. Any guy can get laid if he has a car. He is almost 18 anyway. Time for college.
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

That is very cool Dave! Oh yeah, we want to be in on it when you hand over the keys. I love four eyed foxes....5.0? Alittle later after he has some miles of experience. Road trip to pick it up?
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by HanksGT View Post
    That is very cool Dave! Oh yeah, we want to be in on it when you hand over the keys. I love four eyed foxes....5.0? Alittle later after he has some miles of experience. Road trip to pick it up?
    I think he might go with me when I go pick up the 29. It's on the way to Irvine!
    Chris B.
    2000 ROUSH Stage 2, 1969 Mach 1
    Copperstate Mustang Club! Come join the Fun!! www.copperstatemustangclub.com

Gold Award 
    Seriously needs a Mad Max theme..

Matte black
    Blacked out wheels
    Dark tint
    Skull n Crossbones on the doors.
    Massive KCs on the front

Very very cool...lol

Platinum Award 
    I def want to be there also when you toss him the keys!!!

Someone needs to have a camera handy!!!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Platinum Award 
    Thanks giuys! he has saved up some cash already and if he gets even half way then thats good enough for me! he has been working at Ci Ci's pizza and gets free food so that is already saving me and Dee thousands of dollars in food! JK, but it will be fun to suprise him at the show, The moulding will be repainted trim black and maybe a wheel cahnge to ponys before I give it to him. I just hope to keep it a secret until then!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Thanks giuys! he has saved up some cash already and if he gets even half way then thats good enough for me! he has been working at Ci Ci's pizza and gets free food so that is already saving me and Dee thousands of dollars in food! JK, but it will be fun to suprise him at the show, The moulding will be repainted trim black and maybe a wheel cahnge to ponys before I give it to him. I just hope to keep it a secret until then!!
    i bet you cant keep it that long $5 who is in?????verry nice idear Dave

Nice Find Dave!

It should be a nice, economical, reliable first Car. With gas prices going the way they are, it should get Cameron back, and forth to College (Got to think positive here!) without breaking the bank.

FYI, you can get close to 200 hp out of those 2.3 L four bangers, in normally aspirated, streetable form, without spending a whole lot. They were run in open wheel Formula Ford racers in 1600cc form too, so there are good racing parts out there.