Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 70's mustangs i have Liked

Best 70's mustangs i have Liked

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/667479227.html

like that way it looks very nice. anyone kno whos it is?
    Last edited by Mr. Austin; 05-04-08 at 04:36 PM. Reason: wrong url

Gold Award 
    Here's one for ya. I grew up in this one and was probably conceived in it (gross):

Name:  P5310021.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  P5310020.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  P5310019.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  P5310018.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  P5310017.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  110.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 69CreamPuFF View Post
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/667479227.html

like that way it looks very nice. anyone kno whos it is?
    that is one slick lil pony! i want it!

"Here's one for ya. I grew up in this one and was probably conceived in it (gross):"

rofl!!!!! ha ha ha! conceived in it! that caught me off guard! lolololol!

Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    Here's one for ya. I grew up in this one and was probably conceived in it (gross):

Name:  P5310021.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  110.6 KB
    Nice 72' Convertible. Medium Brown Metallic Paint (Code 5H), Medium Ginger Interior. I would guess a 302 2V Engine (Data plate code would be F). There were 125,093 Mustangs built in 72', only 6,401 of those were convertilbles. Looking at the tires and wheels, I am guessing it is still in your Family. Definitely a keeper.

Gold Award 
    Its a '71 Grande convertible. I'm not sure how many they made but I dont think there were too many grande verts. It has the 351C 2v engine with a 2bbl carb. The stock steel wheels were warped back in 92-ish so those cheap tire store rims went on. Time for some chrome torque thrusts or boyd coddingtons. Yes, still in the fam - second owner since 74.

Quote Originally Posted by chewbaccajones View Post
    Its a '71 Grande convertible. I'm not sure how many they made but I dont think there were too many grande verts. It has the 351C 2v engine with a 2bbl carb. The stock steel wheels were warped back in 92-ish so those cheap tire store rims went on. Time for some chrome torque thrusts or boyd coddingtons. Yes, still in the fam - second owner since 74.

Intresting........The 71's had M-U-S-T-A-N-G spelled out in letters across the trunk lid, while 72's had the Mustang script on the right side corner, as in your photo's. Regular vs Grande convertables would be easy enough:Standard vs Deluxe interiors. There are some sources that could give the production numbers on that. I would go with Magnum 500's for a wheel. Might know of a set of late 70's vintage 14X7 Appliance Slotted dish mags, too, if the owner decides to go with Magnum 500's, on the Car that the Appliance wheels are on.

Silver Award 
    Very, very, interesting, not only is it sporting a 72 trunk emblem, but it also appears to have a 73 rear bumper, as the 71 and 72 did not have the push bars on the rear bumper, but who cares very nice stang. btw: only 6121 verts were built in 71 as ragtops were falling out of favor with the buying public. Remember this was the cadillac eldorado's problem also. At this time in automotive history ragtops were going out and t-tops and sunroofs were coming in.

really wow! yeah sorry to say i dont like the mustand in the 75 through 87 dont know why. TAKE over any import but. i didnt have an interest till i saw that one car so i said something. lol you have a beautiful car. and if you were conceved in it then you dad was luck to have someone beautiful to do that in a a beautiful car. got it all. =) weird i kno.

Gold Award 
    the original rear bumper is in the garage in the background with a little bend in it. apparently I hopped in the ol' 77 thunderbird, pulled the gear selector into neutral and coasted down the driveway into the back of the mustang. just need a new correct bumper or to fix the old one.

I did not know that about the Mustang letters on the decklid. Is there a place to research the VIN?