Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detailed the '88, pics inside (56K, go make a sandwich)

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Pony View Post
    Wow! So easy that a Caveman could do it!!!
    Hey, wrong forum!
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

Platinum Award 

Help with a scratch

On Friday I went to lunch at 24th & Camelback and my truck got "keyed". Why can't people just respect other people's property.
    The scratch is white and goes from the center of the front door to the fender well on the passenger side. It really shows since the truck is dark amethyst. What can I do to repair the scratch? Ford doesn't give a bottle of touch-up paint to new car buyers the way Chevy does, so I have no paint. Is there some way to repair it or should I just take it to the dealership?

Wow, people suck! Sorry to hear about that.

Your insurance should cover repairs. If the scratch goes through the clear and into the base coat or deeper your only option is to have it resprayed. If it's just in the clear coat, a good detailer could make the scratch less noticeable, or even invisible - just depends on how deep it goes.

Another option is to take your car to Space Age Auto Paint mart in Mesa and they can match the paint on your car if you want to touch it up yourself.

Good luck
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by nadador View Post
    On Friday I went to lunch at 24th & Camelback and my truck got "keyed". Why can't people just respect other people's property.
    The scratch is white and goes from the center of the front door to the fender well on the passenger side. It really shows since the truck is dark amethyst. What can I do to repair the scratch? Ford doesn't give a bottle of touch-up paint to new car buyers the way Chevy does, so I have no paint. Is there some way to repair it or should I just take it to the dealership?
    Your harley!! Just onec love to catch someon doin that.. Is it down to the metal?? Let me see it and go from there...
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Platinum Award 
    I'll bring it to the meeting on Sunday and let you see it. I don't think it's to the metal. I just hope it's just in the clear coat and not in the paint.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by nadador View Post
    I'll bring it to the meeting on Sunday and let you see it. I don't think it's to the metal. I just hope it's just in the clear coat and not in the paint.
    That is ggod news if it's not through to the metal we can fix it almost as good as new!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Quote Originally Posted by 1tuff68 View Post
    The swirls are gone forever, not just hidden.
    Not forever. Just until the next time you dry the car with anything other than a baby diaper. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSnake98 View Post
    Not forever. Just until the next time you dry the car with anything other than a baby diaper. Haha.
    Especially if it's a 'used' one
    68 Hardtop
    "Kandi Taylor"

Wow thread from the dead