Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem 4 Fri Nite Cruise-in DJ

Hybrid View

Silver Award 

Problem 4 Fri Nite Cruise-in DJ

I did a lot of research work today on generators, the problem I have found out is that not any ol' generator is going to work. I need a Digital Inverter Generator, so far I have only found two, the Robin Subaru R1700I and a McCulloch, which is the less expensive of the two @ $529.00 @ Harbor Freight.

Not an expense that I can afford at this time, I'm going to keep looking into this, but unless someone has this type of generator, that we can borrow, probably I won't be able to set up the DJ/Music booth this week.

If any of you have any ideas, let me know.

Platinum Award 
    How about a rental? Just a thought...

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Silver Award 
    Wasn't planning on a one night stand, lol.

Alrighty, help me figure this out, been doing some more research, but can't seem to find all the answers. I need 120v AC @60hz/300w, so if I was to install say a 1200w DC to AC power inverter into my truck, this should give me more than enough I would think, if I am outputing 400w per channel through my power mixer.

I imagine I would have to keep the truck running to not drain the battery, so then I am drawing on the alternater for say 3 hours, good or not good?

Or using the same theory, hook the same inverter to say a cheap generator w/ 12 dc output, and it should do the same thing as a more expensive inverter generator, I would think.

Yep-a frend took a single wire alternator, 12v battery and a 5HP gas engine and made a cool 12v generator. With an invertor of the correct size you can run for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
    Wasn't planning on a one night stand, lol.

Alrighty, help me figure this out, been doing some more research, but can't seem to find all the answers. I need 120v AC @60hz/300w, so if I was to install say a 1200w DC to AC power inverter into my truck, this should give me more than enough I would think, if I am outputing 400w per channel through my power mixer.

I imagine I would have to keep the truck running to not drain the battery, so then I am drawing on the alternater for say 3 hours, good or not good?

Or using the same theory, hook the same inverter to say a cheap generator w/ 12 dc output, and it should do the same thing as a more expensive inverter generator, I would think.
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

You might want to send Jemal an email and ask him about his generator. I was talking to him about it a little bit on Saturday and it sounds like it will put out a lot of power. It might work and he said he was willing to bring it out on Friday if you think it will.

whats on friday the cruise over on 91st?

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmotzd View Post
    You might want to send Jemal an email and ask him about his generator. I was talking to him about it a little bit on Saturday and it sounds like it will put out a lot of power. It might work and he said he was willing to bring it out on Friday if you think it will.
    I can't find my club list, maybe you can have him email me, as far as power goes 1500w minimum would work, but main problem is it has to be a inverter generator, it produces a sine wave, that is much cleaner than a regular generator, commonly used for computers and medical equipment, my equipment is a little more sensitive than most, pro vs. consumer.

you can rent generators from home depot if it comes down to it. other than that i cnt think of where to get one. i know some venture guy may have them so i will give him a call and see what hes got

How about a REALLY long extention cord running from Auto Zone. :)
    I'm kidding btw...well kinda kidding.

Maybe we can plug it into the cigarette lighter of the old lady that calls herself pony girl?

Lol. find someone that has a really good system in there car and is willing to bring a battery pack just incase the car dies.