Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem 4 Fri Nite Cruise-in DJ

you can rent generators from home depot if it comes down to it. other than that i cnt think of where to get one. i know some venture guy may have them so i will give him a call and see what hes got

How about a REALLY long extention cord running from Auto Zone. :)
    I'm kidding btw...well kinda kidding.

Maybe we can plug it into the cigarette lighter of the old lady that calls herself pony girl?

Lol. find someone that has a really good system in there car and is willing to bring a battery pack just incase the car dies.

As I mentioned to Kevin, I wouldnt expect a permit to be required as its not a "for profit" or paid event. I suppose I should check. But, since its on private property, it shouldnt come into play anyway. The property management would be the one to have to make the call to the PD for the enforcement. But, theyd have to be there in the first place to know. To me, its not different than the firetruck guy setting up with his audio/visual.

Just a thought.... but most stuff like that isn't determinate on private/public property or profit/non-profit events. It's a noise ordinence thing usually, things go off of noise complaints and "disturbance" complaints.

So long as no one complains, you're fine, but if someone does I dunno.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

I agree 4-D...assuming you haven't been there...there is NOBODY in the area that would complain even if we had live band there. lol It is literally the perfect spot in this situation because no businesses face it.

Silver Award 
    Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. I will be running a test of the equipment friday morning. I have purchased a 1750w inverter for the Hemi and I believe the 160amp alternator will handle it considering I only require 300w to power the equipment which is less than a average TV.

In laymens terms NO generator noise.

OK, crossing my fingers that the tests go well. Having music out there would really be the icing on the cake for an awesome night tonight. Thanks for all the work on this Kevin.

have fun guys!! i wont be able to come out for the next couple weeks because i need the money and i have prom tomorrow but have fun!

NICE JOB, DJ Rockin Revn Kevin. lol. That worked out great and made a HUGE difference to have music out there last night. Thanks again for the time and expense you put in to making that happen, it was definately noticed and appreciated by everyone that was out last night. Great job!