Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Help Deciding on a 69 Mustang

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    wow, that looks like a good deal in my book, i would jump it if i had the cash!
    I would have to disagree, just saw a 70 Mach One in much better condition go for $4000

I think there are better deals out there especially like Kev says if you are looking for a boss clone. But have owned and built two hipo mavericks. Not very popular cars...but I loved them! If you like that year, that style...who cares what others think. Get what you want.

so question then.

do people like the grande's why or why not?

Silver Award 
    Hey I'm all ears. I got about 6500-7500 Id spend to get a decent builder. However Ive really been looking and don't see much out there now a days. Especially in Arizona. Ebay is just not an option to much junk for sale on ebay.

Anyone trying to sell a Boss or a Mach 1 69-70 please let me know. I do know finding one of these in my price range is probably not going to happen.

For me its the restoration I like, I could buy one finished but that takes away from the fun.

I liked this Grande because it has been in the same family since new and always in Arizona. The guys in Utah until Sunday, so Ill be going to look at it when he comes back into town. Has another guy interested in the car but he wants to make payments. He seems pretty firm on his price to, cant blame him really.

I just want an old Mustang. I had a 1970 Grande and have hated that I sold it forever. Don't get me wrong, I love my 07, but its just not the same.

Silver Award 
    Okay, I like you had a 71 Grande, but I also had a 71 Mach, I like the Mach sooooo much better, back then and now. But for what you say about that car, sounds like it would fit your bill or bills , so I say go check it out and if it's everything you want it to be, then buy it.

You don't see alot of Grande's at the shows, except for 69creampuffster.

But on the other hand you know that deep down you want the Boss or the Mach, and the minute you buy this, the deal of a lifetime will come along on one. Hate it when that happens.

Silver Award 
    I should have finished, it happened today to me, I had to sadly walk away from a badass 68 Coupe today, he wanted $10k.

Silver Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev'n Kevin View Post
    Okay, I like you had a 71 Grande, but I also had a 71 Mach, I like the Mach sooooo much better, back then and now. But for what you say about that car, sounds like it would fit your bill or bills , so I say go check it out and if it's everything you want it to be, then buy it.

You don't see alot of Grande's at the shows, except for 69creampuffster.

But on the other hand you know that deep down you want the Boss or the Mach, and the minute you buy this, the deal of a lifetime will come along on one. Hate it when that happens.

NO DOUBT! Im going to look at this one, but Im not jumping up and down inside wanting it so it wont be hard to walk away. Id really rather have a 351 instead of a 302.

haha he said my name all funny haha. sorry it made me happy. little things tend to.

but keep watching craigslist right now i just saw a post in montanna guy wants 3,000 for a 67 coupe real nice for a project ill get a link

Sportsroof (esp. Mach I) is a more popular car and easier to resell.

Now that you have a new 'Stang, the old one won't hold a candle to the new one.

I miss my '69 Mach I and I think it's the best body style of all the 'Stangs. But now I'm hooked on 'verts.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-Stang View Post
    Hey I'm all ears. I got about 6500-7500 Id spend to get a decent builder. However Ive really been looking and don't see much out there now a days. Especially in Arizona. Ebay is just not an option to much junk for sale on ebay.

Anyone trying to sell a Boss or a Mach 1 69-70 please let me know. I do know finding one of these in my price range is probably not going to happen.

For me its the restoration I like, I could buy one finished but that takes away from the fun.

I liked this Grande because it has been in the same family since new and always in Arizona. The guys in Utah until Sunday, so Ill be going to look at it when he comes back into town. Has another guy interested in the car but he wants to make payments. He seems pretty firm on his price to, cant blame him really.

I just want an old Mustang. I had a 1970 Grande and have hated that I sold it forever. Don't get me wrong, I love my 07, but its just not the same.
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

Silver Award 
    Maybe you could get this guy to come down

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/652492599.html