Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Cruise To Prescott...........

67 'Stang Lover

Sunday Cruise To Prescott...........

I had a blast today on the Cruise to Prescott. I finally got to run my virgin White '07 'GT' through the switchbacks in the mountains. LOL. Yarnell Hill was awesome. She is 1 year old this month and the drive was her birthday present. Conner was my Co-Pilot today and he was a big help. However, I don't think he will fall asleep in the curves anymore since he has some bruising to the head. Sorry Jacostang. I took a lot of pictures so I will have to post them. I might need help though. Thanks again and it was great to meet a lot of CMC Member's. Hopefully we can do it again in October.
    Steve...........

Silver Award 
    Yes great time! I couldn't go fast enough thru the switch backs, I was very impressed with a few drivers, especially Trish!!

I will be buying a better camera. Ive been nursing mine along but it really isnt doing the job anymore. To many choices is my problem and I want a good one that doesn't break the bank!
    Last edited by JoeT; 04-07-08 at 11:37 AM.

67 'Stang Lover
    Thanks for posting some great pictures. I had a blast and hope we can do it in October. However, I have a feeling we won't do a cruise because it is the National MCA Show and the trophy presentation by the judges will be on Sunday. Oh well, maybe we can do something on our own. Thanks again..........

Dammmm........We had some nice looking Cars out on Yarnell Sunday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTR-Stang View Post
    Yes great time! I couldn't go fast enough thru the switch backs, I was very impressed with a few drivers, especially Trish!!
    The Wilholt to Prescott run is one of my favorite sections of road in the State. You and Steve should have been up front with me, I think I had a 1/4 mile on Dave before getting stuck behind the Toyota Pickup! The Yavapi County Sheriffs Dept. doesn't Patrol that section much, but look out for the Prescott Police at the end of it.

The Olivas Family Resturaunt has a patio, and small parking lot, in the back, (And Tecate on draft!). I asked, they are willing to set aside both for us, if we want to go up for one of the two big Car Shows in Prescott during the Summer. Nick and Steve get first dibs on being the Cars behind me!

Gold Award 
    i wanna go!!! lets do it up. i'll even put the sway bar on this time....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    i wanna go!!! lets do it up. i'll even put the sway bar on this time....
    I'll do some checking on the dates,Tony! One Show is for 1972' and older, but thier is no reason why we can't go up just to look!

Better get something wider than those skinnies on front too!

The Jeti Master may have several apprentices on the next run!

May the Force Be with You !
    Last edited by Torchmach; 04-07-08 at 08:42 PM.

Looks like a lot of fun, maybe next time i'll be able to cruise up there with you guys. how often do you guys go?
    Black 04 Cobra

KB 2.2 @ 19#'s, 3.25(15#) upper, 4# lower, CAI, Kooks LT's, Catted H,
    SLP LM1 CB, 60# inj, BF idlers, BF TB, Zoom ZVT Stage 3, 26 Spline, MGW,
    2400 MAF, Ron Davis Racing HE, SCT tune, AFS 10.5, 315/35/17

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    I have it worked out with my wife too, I get car parts, she gets brooms, vacuum, irons etc....LOL

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchmach View Post
    I'll do some checking on the dates,Tony! One Show is for 1972' and older, but thier is no reason why we can't go up just to look!

Better get something wider than those skinnies on front too!

The Jeti Master may have several apprentices on the next run!

May the Force Be with You !
    yeah, the watson lake show is a classic car only kinda show, but i would go just to look around and have a good dinner and a brew with friends. and yeah, i have not rocked the skinnies on the mountain. not planning on it. lol...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by 67 'Stang Lover View Post
    Thanks for posting some great pictures. I had a blast and hope we can do it in October. However, I have a feeling we won't do a cruise because it is the National MCA Show and the trophy presentation by the judges will be on Sunday. Oh well, maybe we can do something on our own. Thanks again..........
    Yeah, drag racing with the fall show but I want to plan another cruise and I think it will involve some wine testing!! Chris b is giving us some good ideas with this and we can cruise and maybe do an overnight thing!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

67 'Stang Lover
    Torchmach,
    Next time I will be right behind you, and Nick can be behind me. Don't worry I will keep up with you for sure even though you have a Mach 1. I will do my damndest to stay on your 'Tail' even if it means me sliding off of the mountain. LOL. I used to live in Europe and the Alps were my training ground at 14 years old. I can't wait.
    The wine thing sounds good though that 'Jacostang' mentioned. I am up for that as long as I don't drive afterwards. LOL. Can't wait for the MCA Show in October and the Mesa Cruise in November. I love my '67 and '07. I think they are in competition with each other and it might bet deadly.
    Steve.............