Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: New 2.1 KB Blower

FS: New 2.2 KB Blower

FS: New KB 2.2 blower only (not the kit-just the blower.) Got this to swap out with the 1.7 but don't plan to do that now.

Also includes 8 rib pulley kit and a couple of 8 rib pulleys.

$1000 obo
    Last edited by QTRPONY; 04-02-08 at 12:34 PM.

Just to clarify-this is a brand new 2.2 that has never been used and still in the plastic from KB.
    11.724@120.065 (1.839 60ft)

"It doesn't matter how bad your car is on the Dyno-it's the clock at the end of the track that counts!"

for the 4v?

Quote Originally Posted by 03AZRoush View Post
    for the 4v?
    It was bought to replace the 1.7 on my Mach so I got it for a 4v but I am pretty sure it can be used on other motors. The 2.2 blower\compressor was used on several different kits not just for the 4v's. I think the blower itself is all the same but the rest of the kit would be different depending on which motor.

"It doesn't matter how bad your car is on the Dyno-it's the clock at the end of the track that counts!"

Gold Award 
    Do you know what the "rest of the kit" costs?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcobra View Post
    Do you know what the "rest of the kit" costs?
    No idea but I would think used kits could be found on ebay and other websites fairly easily. I am pretty sure KB only does the full kit so buying the stuff from them is probably not an option-actually getting them to sell me the blower by itself took some phone calls. You could give them a call to see if they will work with you though.

If you have a 03-04 Cobra then I think you would be in pretty good shape. I am not sure what parts came in that kit but it was probably pretty minimal since it haad the factory eaton, IC, tubing etc. Somebody who has installed a KB kit on a Cobra may be able to jump in here and say exactly what else would be needed.

You may want to go with new injectors etc. but most of the other parts should not be an issue being used. The kits come with a tuning chip but you are going to need to get it tuned anyway.

Could be a great budget kit for somebody to piece together.
    Last edited by QTRPONY; 04-03-08 at 09:15 AM.

Gold Award 
    So when you say kit what does that consist of? I know I need a new tune, injectors, will upgrade to a return style fuel sytem. what else? pully?

So when you say kit what does that consist of? I know I need a new tune, injectors, will upgrade to a return style fuel sytem. what else? pully?
    The 8 rib pulley kit is part of the deal but that is for a 99-01 Cobra\03-04 Mach set up. You may need a different pulley depending on what boost you end up with. I do not know exactly what you are going to need-I do not own a Cobra. The kit I am running was for a N/A Mach so it had a lot more parts involved including the IC, tubing, intake etc. Your best bet is to talk to a fellow 03-04 Cobra owner who has upgraded to a KB or to call KB themselves.

I don't think the 03-04 Cobra kits had much to them other then the compressor itself but I can not say for sure.

Gold Award 
    whats the part number, your title says KB 2.1 but the first comment it says 2.2. Where are you located

whats the part number, your title says KB 2.1 but the first comment it says 2.2. Where are you located
    No, it is a 2.2. I had a typo on the intial post and it would not let me edit it. The 2.2 was initally the big monster blower for the Cobras but they are now up to 2.8 I think.

http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/SNAKEBITE.pdf

The paperwork says:

Compressor (New) S/N MX422 6144 $1199.00
    (There is no part number.)

The part number for the 8 rib set up is:

F2600-1 8 RIB KIT 6.5" 1 Bolt $399.00
    10 PSI 8-RIB Pulley $69.00

I live near Cave Creek and Deer Valley in North Phoenix.
    Last edited by QTRPONY; 04-03-08 at 10:50 AM.