Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 605 16v Turbo

I have a friend, out here, that has that same type of header/manifold on almost everything he owns. He claims it has the same proven benefits that you speak of, tabakoff. I believe that will help your 4-cyl engine in the midrange, as well.

Good luck with the fab-up of that manifold.
    '03 Cobra - Mildly modded. A work in progress. 12.566 @ 110.755, 1.89 60' on street tires
    '93 Notch - Looks faster than it is.
    '72 F100 4x4 - Dormant, for now.
    Race '99 L - 12.40 @ 110

As I have read, 4-2-1 is prefferable for engines @ less than 8000 rpm . They have much broader power band. When it comes to top power, 4-1 would be best.

Got that motor in yet Mike?
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Not yet. My wife's father got insultus ... apoplexy, I am not sure for this medical term in English. So I had to stop the project for a while.

The exhaust manifold has just been done. I will post pics in a couple of days. There were no space to fit 4-2-1 header behind the engine so I had nothing but to acquiesce with 4-1 design. In any case it will be much better than a log-type.

I took down the engine again for the final assembling yesterday. When it will be fully assembled, I will put it back in the engine compartment and install the new intercooler, 2.5" turbo pipes, cold air tubes, 2.5" Blow-off alu flange, HKS SSQV Blow-off and 2.5" single throttle flap. A new hand made separate downpipe will be fabricated - one tube for the main flow out of the turbine, and smaller one for the gas through the wastegate. I will join the tubes just before the cat.

Next step will be the fuel delivery system. Finaly the ECU will be installed.

I ahve no idea when the project will be finished, but I have tones of patience.

Have a good time. When I have news I will post info.

Greetings to all of you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tabakoff View Post
    Not yet. My wife's father got insultus ... apoplexy, I am not sure for this medical term in English. So I had to stop the project for a while.

The exhaust manifold has just been done. I will post pics in a couple of days. There were no space to fit 4-2-1 header behind the engine so I had nothing but to acquiesce with 4-1 design. In any case it will be much better than a log-type.

I took down the engine again for the final assembling yesterday. When it will be fully assembled, I will put it back in the engine compartment and install the new intercooler, 2.5" turbo pipes, cold air tubes, 2.5" Blow-off alu flange, HKS SSQV Blow-off and 2.5" single throttle flap. A new hand made separate downpipe will be fabricated - one tube for the main flow out of the turbine, and smaller one for the gas through the wastegate. I will join the tubes just before the cat.

Next step will be the fuel delivery system. Finaly the ECU will be installed.

I ahve no idea when the project will be finished, but I have tones of patience.

Have a good time. When I have news I will post info.

Greetings to all of you.

Mike
    Mike sorry to hear about the Father In-law illness. The medical term would be a Stroke in English. We wish a speedy recovery for him.

Keep us updated on your project.

Jeff
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Thank you ... I hope he will recruit his health.

I will keep you informed.

Mike

Here I am again. I've got my exhaust manifold!!! Looks perfect! I hope it will work well with my middle cams.

Looks Good Mike.
    Getting closer to taking it to the drag strip.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

thats hot! keep posting pic's!

Got it running yet Mike?
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5