Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think i will see high 10's in my future

do you think i will see high 10's in my future

I currently have a 04 cobra with catback exhaust, cai, sct tuner with a 100 octane tune and a 91 octane tune, pulleys, stage IV port by stieg., and 315dr's, with that set up I am putting down 535rwhp on 100 octane. I injured my engine and am going to replace it with a 5.0L stroker, with that combo with a stroker does anyone think I will have enough to get into the high 10's or will I still fall short?

Platinum Award 
    What suspension?

MT DR's or Nittos?
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
    What suspension?

MT DR's or Nittos?
    stock suspension with Nitto DR's

Gold Award 
    gonna take some good driving and a pair of slicks imo...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Gold Award 
    Yeah I don't see ya making it there on the Nitto's, but some slicks and skinnies with good driving will put you right there.
    Arizona's Fastest Mach 1
    11.14 @ 120 w/ 1.48 60'

GO-FAST MODS
    Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe
    Magnaflow Catback
    Steeda CAI
    Torch Red JLt Intake Tube
    Steeda Tri-Ax
    Spec Stage 3 Clutch
    Built 31 Spline Rear w/ 4.10's
    Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms
    NX Wet Kit (100 Shot)
    SCT Chip
    Custom Tune by PSR

Platinum Award 
    How did you injure your engine?
    -Craig-
    08 GT 500 white w/blue stripes

The Nunn's
    Ya it would def take some slicks, the driver mod, and suspension. That HP seems a lil high for that particular combo, I take it ur running 16 lbs of boost. Do u have cams? The only real benefit I've seen with the 5.0 stroker is the added torque. A ported eaton really won't do that motor justice. It would need something more like a Kenne or a Whipple, for example, to give that stroker what it needs.

I am running 15 lbs of boost, the hp is an estimate off a SVC motorsports mustang dyno. I am making 440hp on there dyno and they told me to add 15%-20% to get the equiv on a dynojet so I guess 440+88=528hp. Obviously, I used the high end of the estimate, I mean who here would their car the lower hp estimate :) You are right, I probally make more like 505rwhp which would be the 15% estimate but 530 just sounds so much better

Quote Originally Posted by 2ND2NUNN View Post
    Ya it would def take some slicks, the driver mod, and suspension. That HP seems a lil high for that particular combo, I take it ur running 16 lbs of boost. Do u have cams? The only real benefit I've seen with the 5.0 stroker is the added torque. A ported eaton really won't do that motor justice. It would need something more like a Kenne or a Whipple, for example, to give that stroker what it needs.

According to where I get my work done, while I was making some high speed passes my intercooler malfunctioned causing my to cook a valve or cylinder , I honestly dont remember which they said. I do not know a lot about engines or general auto mechanics. I can still drive it but it is drawing oil into my air intake and it is comming out of my cold air intake filter. Also, after I have been driving, if I take the oil cap off, the hot air kind of puffs out of there. I dont know if this makes sense to anyone or not. He said I can still drive it, just I wont be making much power and I should not get on it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW63 View Post
    How did you injure your engine?

Platinum Award 
    I want to know how an intercooler malfunctions.....

High speed runs can kill a cobra motor.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500