Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: engine question, what should i do

I don't know about the experience that you had with him, but I have never had any problems with Dave. And Dave builds some awesome motors, Mike D.

intercooler malfunction blew your motor???
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Quote Originally Posted by 03AZRoush View Post
    intercooler malfunction blew your motor???
    Thats what I was told by my installer at SVC motorsports where I was getting all my work done. I had made about 2 or 3 high speed passes around 140mph each lasting about 10 seconds and then my engine went to shit. I took it straight to him and when he opened my hood he said "notice how you intercooler isnt bubbling" he said while I was making those runs my intercooler was not running causing my to fry a cylinder. He messed with the intercooler for about 5 min and it started working again. I am a moron when it comes to motors and mechanics though. SO he could have told me a little leperchan came out and broke my motor and I would not know any better. I am going to take my car to PSR and let them take a look at it

Gold Award 
    if it got an air pocket on one side of the h/e pump i could believe that, i have had it happen, but found it before making any runs...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

lol.. SVC nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
    I don't know about the experience that you had with him, but I have never had any problems with Dave. And Dave builds some awesome motors, Mike D.
    Trust me I'm in the customer service industry I know how these things work. So I am very understanding. But, there's a point when its too much. Your customer is everything. Yes, some customers are more needy then other. Sometimes you want to kill them because there morons but still its your responsibility to make them happy. And like statistics show for every 1 disappointed customer they will tell 10 people. And every customer you satisfy they'll tell 3 people. And honestly I've told a lot more then 10 people about D&D. Plus there are people in town that build nice motors. Why would you want to have something built out of town? That way if you do have problems with it, you know physically where there at!!
    (thats just my 2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by wickd03 View Post
    Trust me I'm in the customer service industry I know how these things work. So I am very understanding. But, there's a point when its too much. Your customer is everything. Yes, some customers are more needy then other. Sometimes you want to kill them because there morons but still its your responsibility to make them happy. And like statistics show for every 1 disappointed customer they will tell 10 people. And every customer you satisfy they'll tell 3 people. And honestly I've told a lot more then 10 people about D&D. Plus there are people in town that build nice motors. Why would you want to have something built out of town? That way if you do have problems with it, you know physically where there at!!
    (thats just my 2 cents)
    Well put, but not every customer has the same experience. I ran my own trucking company, for 17 years so I know what it's like to deal with people and I know how to deal with bad customer service. You know, the one's that make empty promises. Rule of thumb, if you want something done right never pay the man too much money to get a project started, sure every company is going to ask for a deposit to get started. But if a company is well established, he should have all parts in stock, and never pay him in full until your completely satisified. I know Dave gets jammed up from time to time, it just depends on how far we're into the race season. If you don't trust him, don't do business with him, enough said. If your looking for a particular short block, long block, or engine make sure he has it in stock. If you don't know much about engines, make sure you bring someone with you that does before laying out your hard earned cash. And check his background, see if he is a member of the Better Business Bureau, check to see if there has been any complaints filed against him before doing business, Mike D.

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
    Well put, but not every customer has the same experience. I ran my own trucking company, for 17 years so I know what it's like to deal with people and I know how to deal with bad customer service. You know, the one's that make empty promises. Rule of thumb, if you want something done right never pay the man too much money to get a project started, sure every company is going to ask for a deposit to get started. But if a company is well established, he should have all parts in stock, and never pay him in full until your completely satisified. I know Dave gets jammed up from time to time, it just depends on how far we're into the race season. If you don't trust him, don't do business with him, enough said. If your looking for a particular short block, long block, or engine make sure he has it in stock. If you don't know much about engines, make sure you bring someone with you that does before laying out your hard earned cash. And check his background, see if he is a member of the Better Business Bureau, check to see if there has been any complaints filed against him before doing business, Mike D.
    Props to you Mike, as I think your opinion is spot on. I was expecting the typical shop bashing/shop defending thread here, and for the first time in quite a while someone has actually given their opinion of a shop, provided good advice (edit- not just a shop "fan"), and left it open for the customer to decide.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Hey I'm a straight up guy, if I can help someone I will, If I can't I won't. I know Dave personally, everyone has their own opinion. I'm not going to get in the middle of any deals between two people, friends or not. I think I gave the best advice, I could. If you have any doubts about someone, check him out ask around your going to get positive and negative opinions on any person you inquire about, I don't care who it is, Mike D.